This is the Message Centre for Tom-the-flip-side

Oops - Staff apology

Post 1

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Hi Tom, Jimster here from the in-house team.

I'm afraid I've made a bit of a booboo. I selected your entry of art galleries to sub-edit in-house, unaware that you were already in correspondence with Sam. The edited copy is here - A1087210 - and I didn't realise that you were planning on making changes to your entry. Many apologies for jumping the gun there.

I was wondering if there is anything significant you were wanting to add to this, and whether we might be able to add it to this new version. I've made a few tiny tweaks here and there (removing first-person references and - sadly - taking out the advice on how to break into a property, which we'd never get away with smiley - winkeye ), but if there is anything else you'd like me to do here please let me know and I'll sort it personally.

Thanks for a really witty entry,

Jimster

Oops - Staff apology

Post 2

Tom-the-flip-side

Heya!

I find it very amusing that you had to take out the section on breaking and entering.... you understand that that wasn't from first hand experience... well that's what I like them to think anyway.

Sam was the other one tat enterd it aswell that i was talikng to a while back I take it! The team is submitting mad it would seem!

As i was telling Sam it was very much a work in progress and as I am now very busy with work coming out of my ears I doubt I will get much stuff done now but when I do I will tel you

Tom

Oops - Staff apology

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Hehe, we're just very eager to get it into the Guide. smiley - smiley

Take a look at the edited version though - we reckon this is ready to be honest, but we'd prefer your go-ahead before we, um, go ahead smiley - biggrin

Oops - Staff apology

Post 4

Tom-the-flip-side

Hehe!

Well I'm off on holiday for 2weeks now so I suppose you get the go ahead so.... go ahead

Mind you on a quick scan there ARE a few errors.

The is a '(' and no ')' near the begining somewhere

and near the middle somewhere it says fine where it should be find

Sorry i'm not being specific my short term memory is hopeless!

Well now I get to get away from art for 2 week! Bliss!

I'll be away so if anything happens to it or you need anthing done post it here and i'll get onto it on my return smiley - biggrin

Tom

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tom-the-flip-side

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more