This is the Message Centre for Matholwch - Brythonic Tribal Polytheist

The Return.

Post 1

Matholwch - Brythonic Tribal Polytheist

Well my friends I return from La Belle France thoroughly refreshed and ready for the good fight.

The holiday, despite the cool and oftimes damp weather, was excellent. Much cheap red wine was drunk, wonderful french food consumed and my son managed to keep the trips to the 'Urgences' (French Casualty) to just one - a record indeed smiley - ok.

We picked about a hundredweight of sweet chesnuts and walnuts from our friends' trees. Which we have subsequently imported and sahred about. The sangliers (wild boar) were active and we even caught a few glimpses of them in the evenings.

Samhain was spent in quiet reflection in the woods and was very productive (more on that for you fellow pagans at another time I think).

Blessings,
Matholwch, cool, calm and collected /|\.

The Return.

Post 2

Kaz

Sounds lovely!! smiley - biggrin

The Return.

Post 3

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Glad you had a great holiday, Math...
I am obsessing about food at the moment, it must be nearing lunch time. What are chestnuts like?

The Return.

Post 4

Hi Della smiley - angel

The Chestnuts are really plump, the size of plums, and so sweet. We peel them, blanch them and then freeze them. At Winter Solstice we thaw them out and boil them with brussel sprouts. The contrast of flavours and testures is fantastic.

One of my friends eats hers raw. She just peels them and down they go smiley - smiley

Blessings,
Matholwch /|\.

The Return.

Post 5

logicus tracticus philosophicus

tip mix in small pieces of bacon smiley - drool heavenly

The Return.

Post 6

logicus tracticus philosophicus

reminded me of another forgotten fav visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F1656982?thread=333633&post=4335432#p4335432 for recipie

The Return.

Post 7

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Glad your eating tracky!

The Return.

Post 8

Hi Logicus smiley - biggrin,

Tip: don't recommend that to a vegetarian it turns my stomach.....uuurghle...yah...bleuugh.

Blessings,
Matholwch /|\.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Matholwch - Brythonic Tribal Polytheist

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more