This is the Message Centre for Fleur de Lys

Cats and Mice

Post 1

Fleur de Lys

I think I should be mice or similar creature to see how my cat would react to it. Maybe could free one from some lab, surely my flat is more interesting than some sterile cage. Nice music too. I don't think they have music in test lab cages.

Cats and Mice

Post 2

Huffers, compulsive lurker

my cat used to be scared of my gerbil...
the gerbil would run over the cat in its gerbil ball!

Cats and Mice

Post 3

Fleur de Lys

Oh, you mean the wheel they use for exercising rodents (can't remember what it's called)... we used to joke that given enough rodents, they could generate electricity, like windmills!
Maybe he/she was scared because gerbils have longer and sharper incisors. Of being bitten, although the gerbil was probably no match for your cat. Maybe he/she suffers from lack of confidence. Is beautiful day, btw. smiley - smiley

Cats and Mice

Post 4

not really a wheel... more of a ball... and I think the cat was just scared because of the huge ball zooming towards it

beautiful day? cool smiley - smiley

Cats and Mice

Post 5

Fleur de Lys

Giant gerbil ball rolling at cat?
Would I be wrong to rephrase it like that?
smiley - smiley

Cats and Mice

Post 6

Nope...
by the way, is Fleur de Lys just a name or does it mean something?

Cats and Mice

Post 7

Fleur de Lys

It's a flower, can be either lily or iris, i think (any color)
I once bought a black velvet hat, with the inscription "Fleur de Lis" inside. The y is almost the same as i, like Why and I, sounds the same.
What about your name? When I hear huff, I think of puff, and then I think of "The Power Puff Girls" cartoon from cartoon network smiley - smiley

Cats and Mice

Post 8

uh oh...
*doesn't want to be associated with the power puff girls*
Huff is just my name... and 'hyp' I've been known as since some strange person started calling me that years ago...

I really need to think of a better name smiley - erm

Cats and Mice

Post 9

Fleur de Lys

Or maybe huff and puff and blow the house down? I think that was the big bad wolf tale. Is the hyp like hip or like hype. It supposed it's hip like cool, because I don't believe the hype, and you sound convincing so far smiley - smiley I am a bit at a loss for words, and will trail off. bye smiley - winkeye

Cats and Mice

Post 10

Its pronounced hip, apparently...

smiley - eureka Although I think it might be better short for Hyperion (a Greek Titan).

Cats and Mice

Post 11

I sound convincing so far? smiley - smiley

Cats and Mice

Post 12

Fleur de Lys

Yes, very convincing. What about hip hyp, like hip Hyperion, that would be hyp to the power of 2, I think? Will C about Hyperion, but that reminds me of this Shamen song, that goes, mmm ah ah yeah yeah hyperreal, mmm ah ah, yea yea hyperreal feeling. In female vocals. It's something like Indian summer here so I shot pictures of spiderwebs. I even rescued a fly from a part of the spiderweb that the spider had neglected (she was much more further up). I have pictures. My silly digital camera didn't want to focus on the web, so I sprinkled some water on it, and then I noticed the tiny fly kicking. When I got it off I had to unglue it from my finger, and then it flew away. Couldn't believe the luck, I suppose. Being rescued from a predator trap by a huge giant and let go, the fly's lucky day.
Your gerbil likes storing seeds and stuff in his cheeks?
I had a chipmunk and a hamster who did that. They would always look bigger then. Maybe even intimidating to a cat smiley - winkeye

Cats and Mice

Post 13

It seems I can't find any name that doesn't sound silly to some people in some way! smiley - erm

My gerbils (I had three) didn't store stuff in their cheeks, its only hamsters that do that. I say I _had_ three gerbils... they only lasted a few years smiley - blue but at least they all died of old age, rather than by being eaten by my cat or something.

Cats and Mice

Post 14

Fleur de Lys

Oh, I'm so sorry. There's still your cat, though.
There is a club near here called hyperion, heard ad on radio saying there's some sort of striptease there 2nite.
Had silly accident just about an hour ago. Was reaching for ball that my cat plays with, and got splinter under my fingernail. I can't type with that finger, and am much slower. Don't know what to do, but am anticipating being very irritated by it over the weekend. Needless to say, lost interest in playing with my cat then. Maybe I should put ice on it (finger, not cat smiley - winkeye )

Cats and Mice

Post 15

Hope it wasn't too painful!

smiley - weird

I hate splinters...

Key: Complain about this post