This is the Message Centre for DELETED

Entries

Post 1

DELETED

Mmm, at the moment I'm wondering when the hell my entries will actually get put in the guide. Very confusing, Mmm.

Entries

Post 2

Jimi X

Hi James!

Welcome to h2g2! smiley - cool

I'm another of the ACEs (Assistant Community Editors) and we've all volunteered to serve as a welcome committee and answer any questions that new Researchers might have.

I see you've already written a few entries and submitted them to Peer Review. Once they're in PR, they 'incubate' for a week to give the community at large a chance to read them and post any comments or criticisms. After that week, a Scout (another community volunteer who selects entries for the Edited Guide) must select the entry which is then sent off to the Subeditors (yet another community volunteer who edits Researchers' entries for the Edited Guide) for editing. Then the entry will join a queue to appear on the site's front page.

It seems like a long process, but it's surprisingly efficient. And *everything* you write is part of the Guide at large, it's just the Edited Guide that must go through the whole editorial process. The whole Guide is searchable and available to the whole community. If your entries haven't appeared in the Search Engine yet, give it about a day and I'm sure they will. smiley - ok

I just gave your stuff a quick read and I'd say you're off to a good start - I'll try to check them out later and give you more detailed feedback in the Peer Review threads.

If you haven't taken the h2g2 tour yet, you can check it out at A317459 - it's filled with tips for getting the most out of h2g2. Another good place to visit (if you haven't already) is the writing guidelines page at A53209 just to see what the expectations are for entries submitted for inclusion into the Edited Guide.

Anyway, if you've got any questions about all this, do feel free to drop me a line either here or at my personal space U53353.

smiley - cheers

- Jimi X

Entries

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster

James, can I suggest you go and take a look at the revised PeerReview page? A number of your entries are being turned away from Peer Review because you're repeatedly ignoring the advice there.

Hope this helps,

Jimster

Entries

Post 4

Jimi X

smiley - cheers Jimster.

Have you seen F48874?thread=203687 ?

It's an entry he wrote about the band The Crash Test Dummies.

Personally, I try to avoid commenting on music-related entries because I'm a complete idiot when it comes to that subject and I always say something dumb that makes the author angry.

However, it's been a week with no comments on an entry that (at least superficially) looks rather good.

So while some silly entries about pubes are causing a stir, at least they're being reviewed...

Entries

Post 5

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Hi Jimi,

I've just had a look at that entry. Unfortunately that and another of James' entries have been referred to the moderators for plagiarism. It's a shame, because I thought they were great entries. Evidently so did the original authors...

Jimster

Entries

Post 6

Jimi X

smiley - wah

Sometimes you can't win for losing...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DELETED

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more