This is the Message Centre for clzoomer- a bit woobly

Home Alone

Post 1

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Due to a variety of reasons today I find myself with the prospect of spending Christmas alone this year. I was going to visit but my transport had other ideas. smiley - laugh

It brought to mind the lyrics of one of my favourite Stan Rogers songs, *First Christmas*:

http://www.oldielyrics.com/christmas/first_christmas.html

I would recommend buying the song, like the Church of Leonard (Cohen) it does the heart good to be dried out now and then.

Take care all and I will thoroughly enjoy myself, never fear. My new iPod is loaded with books and geegaws and hooked up to the Wifi and I have some excellent beers in the fridge.

Home Alone

Post 2

taliesin

Awww smiley - hug

smiley - cheers

Home Alone

Post 3

anhaga

I have a mixed reaction to your predicament. In some ways, I would very much like to spend Christmas alone. I just can't seem to get enough time alone. But then, I have a suspicion of whence you are coming.

For what it's worth, if you were in town, based on past experience, you'd be welcomed at the anhaga extended family get-together for Christmas dinner.smiley - erm

But then, that bunch will welcome anybody.smiley - winkeye

Home Alone

Post 4

anhaga

http://www.impawards.com/1983/posters/merry_christmas_mr_lawrence.jpg

smiley - smiley

Home Alone

Post 5

taliesin

Nice poster smiley - ok

But that katana's tsuka is ridiculously short

Home Alone

Post 6

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Nice angle for me, though. smiley - rofl

Home Alone

Post 7

taliesin

Oh, aren't you the sharp one!

smiley - winkeye

Home Alone

Post 8

clzoomer- a bit woobly

.... it's the water stone ... smiley - winkeye

Home Alone

Post 9

anhaga

Sorry you couldn't make it to Edmonton for Christmas dinner, cl. It was awfully good. Of course, it wasn't exactly vegetarian.smiley - smiley

The turkey was basted in a bottle of Riesling and half a pound of butter.smiley - drool

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for clzoomer- a bit woobly

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more