This is the Message Centre for clzoomer- a bit woobly

Comealong

Post 1

clzoomer- a bit woobly

In the logging business (and even tangentially in the business I now am involved in) there is a device called a comealong. In the working language of some working people it is a ratchet device that gradually moves something in a straight line, straight ahead, slow but ever so steady. Only referentially comparing it to our current global economic crisis, it has a personal resonance as well. I move ahead incrementally, economically and socially- albeit with glacially slowness in regard to sociality.

Here is one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/12/Comealong.jpg/308px-Comealong.jpg

A simple, ingenious device to move two tonnes or more, wouldn't you agree?

Again tangentially and oddly, I once I met a woman who introduced me to a sexual technique with the same name, weird, huh? smiley - rofl

Obama and economists would be well suited to point out the advantages of *slow and steady* forward growth, just I have been over the last while. I have friends who just like me and you and them and us have come to realise their mortality. Slow and steady. Strong and constant. smiley - smiley

Comealong. You will undoubtedly enjoy the ride, long or short as it is. It beats the hell out of standing still.

Comealong

Post 2

taliesin

Oo. I have one exactly like that! smiley - bigeyes

I also have a couple of marine winches, a large single block pulley, a double block pulley, and a very nice old snatch block!

Give me a good hemp rope, and I can move damn near anything smiley - biggrin

Nice metaphor, btw smiley - winkeye

Comealong

Post 3

anhaga

'a very nice old snatch block!'

' I once I met a woman who introduced me to a sexual technique with the same name'

smiley - erm

Comealong

Post 4

taliesin

smiley - groan

Comealong

Post 5

anhaga

Sorry. A little two much of that 'good hemp . . . '

smiley - winkeye

Comealong

Post 6

taliesin

Right on, man! smiley - drunksmiley - silly

Comealong

Post 7

anhaga

I'm joking. I'm actually the only person in Canada who's never tried the stuff (except second hand if I stand outside anywhere on a summer afternoon).

I did find some strong Absinthe the other day, however. . . http://www.czechabsinth.com/products_02.htm

'It is recommended to drink it in small doses for its well known hallucinogenic effects and ecstasy. In small doses it does not cause any health damage at all, on the contrary it has a healing effects, supports digestion and enjoyed in moderation works as an excellent aphrodisiac.'

smiley - cracker

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for clzoomer- a bit woobly

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more