This is the Message Centre for Keith Shelton

The unanswerable question!

Post 1

MoonGirl

Hi Keith, I just read your page with interest.
I have asked many clergymen and deeply religous people a question, which only ONE, a Church of Scotland Minister has attempted to answer, all the rest gave it a bodyswerve expertly.
Maybe you could have a stab at answering it.
In the beginning, God created Adam and Eve, who had two sons. Cain and Abel.
Cain killed Abel, then according to the scripture, he went unto the Land of Nod, East of Eden, and took unto himself a wife.
Now! If his Mother and Father were the only other ones on Earth, just WHERE and HOW did he actually find a wife?
I await your reply with great interest.

smiley - bat
Luna

Post 2

Keith Shelton

Dear Luna

Sorry for the delay in replying, but this page has not been active recently.

Thank you for your question but there is no such thing as an ‘unanswerable question’

The answer is as follows:

Q. Did Adam and Eve and their children have incestuous relationships to bring about the expansion of mankind?
R. Genesis in the Bible makes clear God created other humans before Adam and Eve who were to control mankind as well as the whole Creation. After The Fall, when evil entered and contaminated the whole Creation, everything was changed from Spirit, or Holy Though, contained within the Mind of God. After the universe including the world and mankind had been transmuted to the physical, God instructed Adam and Eve to procreate and toil to provide clothes and food for themselves. Only they had the necessary soul structure to ensure survival. They mated with each other. Their children mated with the purest of the other surviving humans until eventually the seven races of mankind came about without incestuous relationships.

This question along with several more that puzzle mankind is answered in the last chapter of Whither? Whence? Why? on my Christian Publications web site which can be accessed by clicking on that name under ‘Referenced Sites on the right hand side of the opening page of this h2g2 site.

The questions and answers for which mankind needs explanations are under the following headings:

Does life have a purpose?

Is death the end of everything?

If our bodies decay into dust how can we survive?

What is the point of being good if death completes our existence?

Why do criminals seem to prosper whilst victims are made to feel they are the perpetrator.

Why do the innocent suffer?

If there is a God why doesn’t He do something about it?

Why should innocent children be gunned down in school?

Why does mankind have different coloured skins?

If God created the world why is it not perfect without accidents and natural calamities?

Why do ghosts wear clothes if they are spirit-souls of the dead?

If genes cause criminality is no one responsible for their own actions?

Can the spirit of a dead relative return to earth to be seen by its family?

If the story of Jesus is true, why was He clothed after His resurrection?

Why does Scripture speak of about 7,000 years of human history but scientists say they can prove millions of years?

Did Adam and Eve and their children have incestuous relationships to bring about the expansion of mankind?

Why are there so many religions?

What is the New Age?

Kind Regards, Keith

Post 3

MoonGirl

Keith, thank you so much for your reply, not only have you attempted to answer the question, you have provided a very logical one. It is similar to the answer I got from the Church of Scotland Minister, but with much more detail.
The other points you raise are very interesting, and are food for thought.

This will probably be my last message in here, because I am moving away.
Thanks again Keith, I appreciate it.

Luna,
smiley - blackcat

Post 4

Insight

What makes you think his mother and his father were the only other ones on Earth? The Bible doesn't mention any daughters of Adam specifically, yet Genesis 5:4 clearly states that Adam had both sons and daughters. There is no reason to assume that none of those daughters had been born and grown up by the time Cain got married.

It says he went to Nod and had sex with his wife. It doesn't say that Nod is where she came from.

in Adam's close to perfect state his children would also have been born close to perfection. There would have been no genetic weaknesses to be passed on and accentuated by the marriage of near relatives, as is the case today, when the sinful human race has greatly deteriorated and many genetic defects exist. Even Abraham, some 2,000 years after the creation of Adam, married his half sister. Not until God gave the Mosaic law, about 500 years later, did He prohibit close family marriage unions among the people of Israel.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Keith Shelton

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more