This is the Message Centre for Amanda

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 1

Amanda

Dear BoB!! The internet is as dead as a cat who got run over by a trash truck in the street and then, realising that it wasn't quite all-the-way-dead, limped over to the side of the road where it was promptly re-run over by a horde of screaming third graders on ten-speeds racing towards the ice cream truck, whence the cat found itself very, very dead.

I'm really, really bored. But guess what?!?

I HAVE THREE WHOLE DAYS OFF!!! Woo-Hoo!!! *Happy dance*

Anyway, must be that whole "Labor Day Weekend" thingy that's making everything online sooooo dead. Perhaps I'll just kick back and watch the telethon...or venture outside...hmmm, there's an idea! smiley - smiley

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 2

CrazyOne

Woohoo! Now go enjoy those days off. smiley - smiley

Greetings from the Dark Side. I'm surfing tonight on Mom's newly installed Dell. There were surprisingly few glitches. (I was ready to run out of here at the first sign of trouble as I had a particularly annoying Windows experience on Friday.)

I wonder if I should dare install AIM on this computer? smiley - winkeye

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 3

Spartus

It is rather dull, but forums always seem to slow down over the weekend, so you'd have to figure a holiday weekend would compound the problem.

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 4

Amanda

The "Dark Side", eh? Trying to discern if you meant your Mom's house or the Dell...Anyway, enjoy that PC! And try not to get too hooked on Internet Explorer. smiley - winkeye

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 5

CrazyOne

Hell, I don't know if it's set wrong or what, but IE 5 can't seem to display h2g2 pages without a horizontal scrollbar (at 800x600 rez). Hasn't anyone else noticed or cared about that? On Mac IE 4.5 (which isn't missing too many of 5's features) I never get horizontal scrollbars. Except on Amanda's page, cos she did something bad in there with those images. smiley - winkeye

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 6

Spartus

Why on earth would you want to be set at 800x600? 1024x768 is a whole different world. smiley - smiley

I'd go bigger, but 1280x1024 on a 15" monitor doesn't look too hot, so I soldier on.

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 7

CrazyOne

You run 1024x768 on a 15"? You've got to be kidding. Works okay on a 17". I'm restricted right now by my 12.1" LCD, which only goes to 800x600.

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 8

CrazyOne

Besides, anyone who designs web pages that won't look good at 800x600 is kidding themselves. I still shoot for them to work at 640x480. Some people have old laptops, right? Or old 14" monitors.

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 9

beetle, return of

Guilty. 14". Horizontal scroll bars too. Sad. At least i have a p-chip instead of my 486 this year.

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 10

Spartus

1024x768 works just fine--I can go to 1280, but my video card deficiency makes for a little more flicker than I'd like. Well, that and I can only manage 256 colors, which is never any good. 800x600 is friggin' huge.

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 11

Amanda

Yeah?!? Well I've got a 367 with a Ph.D and a Boeing 747 X Pi to the Nth power. Divide that by your shoe size (using variables of Hawaii 5-0, of course), and that should solve everything.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

But! I'm two days into my 3 day holiday and I've done...absolutely...nothing!! smiley - smiley And that makes me happy.

Why do I always seem to miss you guys on AIM by an hour? I think you plan it. smiley - winkeye Oh well...

Boring, boring, boring!!

Post 12

beeline

Labor Day?! How ironic that everyone does f-all! Welcome to Tuesday...

It's a question of hardware

Post 13

beetle, return of

I have an 8mg vid card, more than enough to run What i need, and 16 million colo(u)rs. But this is the origional moniter i bought in 1990. So i'm stuck with scroll bars untill then.

It's a question of hardware

Post 14

Amanda

Oooh, wait! I think I might have finaly figured it out!

I'm running 1600x1200 on a 24 bit. Does that make any sense? Does that sound right? Or terribly, terribly wrong?

I can see what I'm looking at, though, and I guess that's the important thing. smiley - smiley

The Theory Guestbook

Post 15

The Theory

Let me know what you think...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Amanda

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more