A Conversation for Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future

Peer Review: A774407 - Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future

Post 1

And Introducing... A Leg

Entry: Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future - A774407
Author: And Introducing... A Leg (Pen Name: Bic) - U194118

I'm wondering if I should delete the bit about the TV series and just go with the comic strip. I might add something about the Radio Luxembourg series of the 1950s, too.

A774407 - Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future

Post 2

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Superb work there. Well done!

My Dad used to get Eagle as a kid. being a resourceful chap though, he'd go to the factory where they'd print the comic up and steal dummy pages out of the skips and compile 'pirated' copies. Such was the need to be the first one to read Dan dare's latest adventures.

Good to see mention of Frank Bellamy too. he used to illustrate the Radio Times (as most Doctor Who fans of the '70s will remember). Talented artists both!

Jimster

Post 3

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Well, call me gob-smacked. Great stuff! smiley - wow

I think the tv series ought to stay in, but that's just my personal opinion. I also think that the 2000AD years qualify as Un-Death, not an After-Life, but that's just my personal view of one of the dumbest revivals in the history of British Comics. smiley - laugh

smiley - shark

Post 4

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I could have sworn I'd already posted to this thread smiley - erm

Anyways, great stuff smiley - ok

Post 5

Ausnahmsweise, wie üblich (Consistently inconsistent)

Excellent!

I'd forgotten all about Digby, and the female scientist.

I remember Mekon. He hovered around in a small, one man space ship (like a stainless steel bowl). (I found an image. I don't think I can post the link here. I used "Google for an Image" with "Mekon Eagle comic" as key words. )

I got the Eagle, and my little brother got Robin, then later, swift.

Awu

Post 6

Stuart

Hi Bic,

Marvellous. One wonders where you got all the information from, or have you been saving it up since the 1950s with the expectation of contributing to h2g2.

I remember getting paralyser pistol for Christmas one year. Basically it was a flash light shaped like a torch with two interchangeable coloured lenses. A green one for paralyse and a red one for kill. I must have zapped the Mekon hundreds of times. Such is the imagination of youth. smiley - rocket

smiley - ok

Stuart

Post 7

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I've only just skimmed this entry - I'll have a good look tonight. My brother used to get the Eagle.

First impressions are of how well it's written.

Who could forget Digby though?smiley - smiley

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 8

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Everybody surely knows that the mekon rode a one man flying porta-loo, as immortalised in Private Eye? smiley - winkeye

smiley - shark

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 10

And Introducing... A Leg

Jumping Jupiter!!! I'm happy now!smiley - biggrin

Post 11

smiley - bubbly

smiley - shark

Post 12

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Yes, a brilliant entry, and well deserved.

smiley - bubbly

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 13

Frankie Roberto

Just finished subbing it at A847514. Let me know if there are any glaring errors I've introduced (though I didn't need to do much). I'll return it to the editors tomorrow.

Frankie

Post 14

And Introducing... A Leg

Thanks, Frankie, it looks great!smiley - cheers

Leg

Key: Complain about this post