This is the Message Centre for Goggs

Miscellaneous things to say when you dont know what to say

Post 1

Goggs

I'd like to create a h2g2 entry on 'Miscellaneous words and phrases to say when you don't know what to say' but id like some input on other words that could be used.

Some words so far:

moo
foop
cool
I see

and thats as far as I got before I lost interest and started watching TV.

Post 2

Hoovooloo

I've got two classes of these - things I say when I don't know what to say to other people, and things to say when I'm on my own and I just start talking for no reason I'm ably to adequately explain.

Stuff I say to other people:

-Ah yeah?
-Yeah, I reckon. (said with sage like nodding)
-So, anyway...
-Scooby dooby doo... a dooby dooby (to the tune of "Strangers in the night", almost always leads to a conversation about great cartoons from childhood...)
-Wanna see something gross? (as an immediate prelude to unfolding something long and sharp off Swiss Army knife and sticking it an improbably distance into my face)

Stuff I hear myself saying to myself when there's nobody else about:
- "Guns. Lots of guns."
- "Here we go again"
- "He can only eat buns, and he's not allowed on public transport."
- "STAND STILL!"
- "beefburgers" (it is completely impossible to describe in text the way this word is pronounced when I say it, beyond saying that it's only barely recognisable as even being a word, let alone and English one)

Well, that seems to be enough for now. Nighty night.

H.

Post 3

Goggs

ok the list so far;

moo
foop
cool
I see
yea?
I recken
Yea, so...

Id be interested to know what the 'Want to see something gross' action actually looks like- maybe we can start a cult or something resembling a bunch of fools sticking knives in their faces!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Goggs

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more