This is the Message Centre for Researcher 195767

Catching flies with honey

Post 1

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Justin, I've just come across you, and had a look at the conversation you're having with Ste (and others.)
What do you think of what St Paul says somewhere, about "being all things to all men, so that I might by any means save some?" Some people think that sounds a bit hypocritical, but i disagree, I think Paul was saying that being tactful and pleasant is always a better idea - you want people to listen to you, don't you? Then why antagonise them?
My mother and women of her generation used to use the saying above, about catching more flies with honey than with vinegar.. She was referring to 'getting a boyfriend', I believe, but the principle holds.

Della the (Christian, Anglo-Catholic)smiley - cat Woman

Post 2

Researcher 195767

Della,

Hello. Yes, you are right to some degree. God says, "As much as lies within you be at peace with all men."

However, Jesus said, "Ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake."

If it were a matter of debate,reason,dispute,etc then you would be even more right. But God does not work by those methods.

"God has chosen by the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe."

"Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

To declare God's truth always offends those who love sin and are not prepared to have God rule over them, which sadly these days includes most church people, who wish to tell God what is right and what is not.

Justin

Post 3

Your God

Yeah. Well said Justin.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Researcher 195767

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more