This is the Message Centre for ChicagoDaddy-o

Names

Post 1

ChicagoDaddy-o

Can someone tell me if it is proper to ramain a # until you have proved yourself a contributor and the to name oneself? I kind of like my # and my title as a Researcher.
What's the general belief on naming?

Names

Post 2

Floh Fortuneswell

The longer the better smiley - tongueout
Oh, and don't forget to visit A530560smiley - smiley

Names

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Well, quite a few of us have really bad memories for numbers... (OK, so maybe it's just mesmiley - tongueout)

You'll likely get lots of people telling you how to change your name, but it's up to you, really *shrugs*

*smiley - run to see Floh's link*

Names

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - biggrin I remember struggling with that... Then it turned out mine was easy *rolls eyes*

Names

Post 5

Floh Fortuneswell

Mine's the 6x9 smiley - erm

Names

Post 6

smiley - smiley

Names

Post 7

Mark the Strange

As the Pythons said in Life of Brian " you're all individuals".
A name encapulates your persona!
So go a head the weirder the better I say

Thanks for the muufflewhump Amy smiley - cheers

Names

Post 8

smiley - biggrin

Your welcome!

*brings in a basket of mufflewhumps*

To Floh

Post 9

ChicagoDaddy-o

Hey Floh,
Thanks for helping me feel at home today. I'll wait to decide on the name thing but I will remember your advice even though I can't remember your whole name.
I'll get better at this and hope to be able to ask you if I need more advice and I will definately visit your space.
Thanks again Floh,

Researcher 196448

Hey Amy

Post 10

ChicagoDaddy-o

Thanks for your advice on the name thing. I'll get better at this the more I practice. Let's stay tuned.
Thanks again,I'm having pretty much fun on my first day.

Researcher 196448

Amy

Post 11

ChicagoDaddy-o

I forgot, I will check out Floh's pad.
Maybe by Monday I'll learn how to use the Smiley's.

researcher 196448

Amy

Post 12

Floh Fortuneswell

*waits patiently*
smiley - zen

Names

Post 13

Carnel the unstable writer/tech support

As for names, well I quickly changed my name from my Researcher #. Let me just say that you're not the only one who's been rather overwhelmed by this marvously site. If you check out my user page, you'll see more or less what I went through in my first day (first few hours).

There's a lot to the place, and at first everything seems like it's all just randomly thrown/linked together, but after you've started to get more acustom to the layout, and have explore the site (slowly!), then you may (or may not) find some method to the madness.

Best of luck, and hope to see some submissions from you in the Peer Review soon. smiley - smiley

-- Carnel

Names

Post 14

More likely you'll find madness to the methodsmiley - winkeye

Names

Post 15

Floh Fortuneswell

smiley - headhurts

smiley - biggrin

Names

Post 16

ChicagoDaddy-o

I can't thank you enough for the calming words and information and advice on how to tackle this website. I will in fact take my time because it ALL looks interesting.I also need to keep straight on what I'm supposed to be doing for work and my thoughts for writing on this site.
Again thanks for the encouragement.

Researcher 196448

Names

Post 17

Carnel the unstable writer/tech support

Ahh, I share your sediments about trying to keep it seperate from work. Since that is the primary location that I use H2G2. But I find it helps to widdle away my day, which I may point out seems to be far longer while at work than they seem to be on my days off. I've considered doing some field research into the idea that there is a slow time envelope encasing only the building... but I digress.

This site definately needs some patience to work your way through slowly. But as for the name, well I'd recommend doing whatever you feel works. If you like your Researcher number, then just make it part of your name (ie. Researcher 196448 the nameless). But no matter what you do, be sure to enjoy the site.

-- Carnel

Names

Post 18

Floh Fortuneswell

smiley - cool name smiley - smiley

Names

Post 19

*nods*

Key: Complain about this post