This is the Message Centre for Ant

okay i'm jealous

Post 1

Ant

Tallahassee is gorgeous, the college has a wonderful atmosphere, very relaxed, the weather is beautiful and everyone I've met so far have been very nice, and I mean that as in personality and looks smiley - winkeye

Kristina loves it here and I can understand completely, although i do feel london has more to offer.

America definitely has a smell it's a strange smell that I can't really describe... oh and college girls have a very distinctive smell too, which I have to say is very agreeable smiley - smiley

Right, how about a snog, anyone? smiley - winkeye

okay i'm jealous

Post 2

Spartus

You know, it's something I have noticed traveling that other countries have different base smells. It's really hard to describe, though, other than that they're different. Fiji has the only easily-described one in that it smells of flowers. Pink ones, by the smell.

I know what you mean, though. Hell, St. Louis smells different than California. I'm really liking the way it smells right now, in fact. Autumn's coming and it smells like camping. Or, more properly, like someone's having a campfire in the distance. 'S nice. smiley - smiley

California, if you're curious, smells like sagebrush and ocean mostly.

okay i'm jealous

Post 3

CrazyOne

And lemmee tell you something, for all their touting of the cleanup (and this place is way way cleaner than the old days), Pittsburgh still just *smells*. Bleah. smiley - winkeye

okay i'm jealous

Post 4

Classic Krissy

Chicago smells like the lake and the chocolate factory...and hamburgers and hotdogs mostly. Also right now it smells like fall. Crunchy leaves.

That's a great smell. smiley - smiley

okay i'm jealous

Post 5

Jonny

To add to the smell map of the world:

South West London: smells variously of stale Weetabix and raw sewage (a great combination!)

San Jan: in the summer months smells of sweaty socks, or at least parts of it do (most notably on the junction of Brokaw Road and 101). I'm told that the odour eminates from some plant or other, although nobody was able to point the exact plant out to me and most of the people who told me had notoriously stinky feet.

Needless to say...

okay i'm jealous

Post 6

Ant

The thing about these distinctive smells is they're only noticable for the first 5 minutes when you arrive somewhere, after that you get used to the smell and it disappears. I think that's why spring and fall rain smells so great, cause you don't get it that often but it's very distinctive when you do smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more