This is the Message Centre for Ant

2nd full day...

Post 1

Ant

Well I went out and brought a map of miami today smiley - winkeye Strangely it's been cloudy and rainy all day, obviously I'm loved so much by British weather, it decided to come with me smiley - winkeye

I drove today, now the oddest thing about that is not driving on the other side of the road, it's changing gear with the other hand, and sitting on the other side of the car...

There is a down side to being here though, I don't get to chat to KM in the evenings, still I do get to bug her at the weekend though smiley - smiley

2nd full day...

Post 2

CrazyOne

That's what I always hear too, about driving. The other side doesn't get you so much as you also have to switch sides of the car, switch hands that you normally do things with, etc. But you're back here to type at us some more, so it can't have gone too badly. smiley - winkeye

2nd full day...

Post 3

Jonny

A few weeks back I was speaking to a smoker who'd been driving around Italy in a British car for years and then had been given a native car when his had gone in for a service. He said the biggest difference was that he'd flick ash over anyone in the passenger seat.

Never had problems with the gears being on the other side myself...

...mainly because I only drove automatics when I was over there. smiley - smiley

2nd full day...

Post 4

Ant

I have to make do with what I'm given smiley - winkeye

2nd full day...

Post 5

Spartus

You'll get used to it in a few days. It's a weird adjustment; all of a sudden it feels "normal". The first time I had to get used to it, it took me about 2 weeks, when I got to Ireland, I was acclimated after the first day or so. It's coming back that's odder at that point. When you get home, it will make such sickening sense, but you won't be able to switch back. It's so silly, by the way, that the world can't agree on something like this.

Ooh, wait a sec.

I hadn't really started yet, but it's probably for the best. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more