This is the Message Centre for Ant

i can't wait...

Post 1

Ant

...to get to miami smiley - smiley

i can't wait...

Post 2

Jonny

Hi Ant! Happy new year to you and all that, did you see any of the fun down by the Thames or did you steer clear? I spent my NYE in Brum, trying to get over the flu. smiley - sadface

It's only a month or so before you go, isn't it? Wish I was going back over there too!

i can't wait...

Post 3

Ant

You not fed up with England already are you Jonny?

i can't wait...

Post 4

what you know as km

Why don't you stow away in Ant's suitcase, Jonny? No one would have to know. It could be a big suitcase. The airline people don't check. Course you might look suspicious going through that x-ray thing, and Ant might be brought up under suspicion of murder, but they'd open the suitcase and you'd say 'hello' and all would be forgiven. Except the simple charge of trying to stow away in Ant's suitcase, which might upset them a bit.

Or you could always swim.

So, what are we looking at now, January say?

i can't wait...

Post 5

Jonny

England is too crowded, public transport sucks, and it's full of germs! (I'm still trying to get over a touch of flu that I managed to pick up over Christmas).

i can't wait...

Post 6

Ant

Well yes it is January at the moment, but I wont be there until the 6th of February as you well know KM smiley - winkeye

i can't wait...

Post 7

Jonny

Well, it's certainly a plan, KM. However, it'd probably be cheaper to buy a ticket rather than to pay the extra for excess baggage weight. smiley - smiley

i can't wait...

Post 8

Ant

You see now, you need to be living in London Jonny, where the public transport doesn't suck. Having said that, I never use it during rush hour, when it probably would smiley - winkeye

i can't wait...

Post 9

what you know as km

You know where the public transportation is really phenomenally good?

Mi...

Er, no, I'm not sure there is any public transportation there, but if there were, you know it would be just great.

i can't wait...

Post 10

Jonny

Ahh, but I am living in London (well, got here on Sunday night)! I'm in Mayfair at the moment (cheapest hotel my company could find, apparently) and moving to Twickenham on Saturday. We'll have to have a beer before you disappear off, I'm skiing next week but now that I've sorted out a place to live I've got loads of free time after that.

Aaaargh! I'm using a crappy infra-red keyboard in my hotel room, typing is far from easy since it needs to be perfectly aligned.

i can't wait...

Post 11

what you know as km

Hmm. How does one realign one's hotel room, Jonny?

i can't wait...

Post 12

Ant

What you doing on Saturday then Jonny?

i can't wait...

Post 13

Jonny

Well there, KM, you hit the nub of the problem right on the head. See the troubles I have to go through?

i can't wait...

Post 14

Jonny

Aaaarg! Room fell out of alignment when I was replying to this last time...

Right. Saturday. I'm signing contracts and moving into my new home in the morning (11ish) after that I have nothing planned. Are you suggesting a possible interest in a beverage or two in the afternoon/evening?

i can't wait...

Post 15

Ant

Yes Saturday evening would be good Jonny, I'll give you a ring and I'll see if Beeline is free too smiley - winkeye

i can't wait...

Post 16

Jonny

Excellent! Any idea where and when? I'll probably have to take it easy so that I don't miss my flight on Sunday...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more