A Conversation for Cancer Alley, Louisiana, USA

Balance...

Post 1

'In addition, the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality is suspected of acting in the best interests of industry.'

Suspected by whom?

The first link given effectively refutes the entire article... and no reason is given for the article taking the side it does.

Perhaps there are some detailed studies on the topic somewhere on the web?... some evidence, in any case, wouldn't go amiss...

Balance...

Post 2

Orcus

Yeah that's what I thought...

Balance...

Post 3

EggsER

Who does the study is also important. Chemical and petroleum companies do fund research and we have all learned via the tobacco industry debacle that research in industry financed institutions is suspect. Shouldn't be but it is. My knowlege of polution tells me to lean toward blaming the chemical/petroleum people but there are probably other factors to be considered. I live in the Fox Valley in Wisconsin and the paper companies gummed things up around here pretty good for years. Now it's not wise to eat fish from our rivers and who knows what else.

Balance...

Post 4

Orcus

'Who does the study is also important.'

Indeed. Greenpeace and The Enivronmental Defence fund have no agenda in their research now do they. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cancer Alley, Louisiana, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more