This is the Message Centre for Lahrs

Hello....

Post 21

Lahrs

No, I'm near Windsor,Ont. Canada is South of the US here. As to the site you referred me to: well it read like a form of digital diarrhea.
I might suggest a simple E-Mail address to engage in any converastion like whats available on MSN message if you can't find a solution. It looks like you have resurrected the committee that designed the giraffe. H2g2 has certain protocols ( About as clear as mud) Yet I understand that chat rooms have earned a bad reputation. So a seperate vehicle temporarily could be used to exchange the intial information. Once refined the info could be transferred to H2G2 freeing up personnel and facilities. Any way the material by Peake seems a bit metaphorical or what else is the purpose?? Of course one of the persons was right on the question of time zones and energy needed to respond. Still an interest in any subject should be given as much latitude as possible within the confines of the systems limitations. But as expressed, this could easily be abused. I assume that prospect is what disturbs H2G2 and rightly so. A problem that is on going. Oh,well, if this correspondence becomes too much for this method, I could give you an E-Mail address on MSN Messenger

Hello....

Post 22

David R. Litwin

I can take it then that you vote against. Please, visti A755020 and cast yr ballot.

As to Peake, he writes in metaphores. A style that you can grow used to but you'll probably either like it or dislike it; not too much middle ground.

Hello....

Post 23

Lahrs

Wrong. I voted affirmative. I prefer open discussion on any topic. The only suggestion is to change the term Chat Room to Open Seminar. I think it would express what you are really aiming at. Ok, I'm a firm beliver in the First Amendment. So do your damnest. No metaphors intended.

Hello....

Post 24

David R. Litwin

Fair enough but I believe that Open Seminar would be a tad confusing, though I do believe that it would be a bit more appropriate.

It has been a while since last we conversed and I'd like to know how you are fairing; if you've any troubles, comments, questions et cetera.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lahrs

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more