This is the Message Centre for Cathain (Star-Namer & Italian Cook)

Post 1

Cathain (Star-Namer & Italian Cook)

Upon viewing TT second time: that which I loved most the first time I love even more the second. That which bugged the hell out of me the first time, cranks me off even more the second.
Also, after seeing how much more they included in the extended version FotR, I really want to see TT's extended v. There's all these conversations that I know there has to be more to, or backstory to, and I want to see if they ever filmed it, or trusted that the Tolkien-geeks would get it and everyone else would get it just enough so that it wouldn't matter. Frustrating.

Still super-grrrrrr! over the whole "the elves are fleeing middle earth 'cuz they think there's no hope left and they're just giving up and going away and leaving everyone else to deal with Sauron." blah!!! no, no, no, no, no!! (I need to chill. is not so big a deal. really.) grrr! At least they had Elrond still staying and sending troops n' such. but still gets under my skin.

Also have figured that what bothers me most about Gimli-as-comic-relief is not only for his character's sake, but also b/c most of his humour moments come in such inappropriate settings - scenes of such darkness and seriousness and then they stick Gimli slapstick in. Battles aren't funny. People going off to die, also not funny. Don't try and ease the audience's burden in this - it's really sorta condescending. The Gimli humour that works? The conversation btw him and Eowyn. the competition w/ Legolas. and yes, ok, the "toss me" bit. dammit, I like my humour grim and warrior-esque! I have problems, I know. shut up.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cathain (Star-Namer & Italian Cook)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more