This is the Message Centre for Zed

Car drivers on Bikes

Post 1

Zed

I had to run a couple of fireblade type things off the road on the way home from work today. full leather, knee slider type people with big fast supersports bikes. I only have a small & underpowered 400cc bike that can be completely toasted by most vehicles on the open road.

however, I really hate bikers who think that traffic is something that happens to them. traffic is something that happens to people with too many wheels. If the cars are moving at less than 50mph, then b*g**r off past them, sharpish. I was doing 95mph (no, really) past a line of traffic when I caught up with one dude. there was NO oncoming traffic & this bike was just following everybody else!!!

get with it, people! Buy a bike and never, ever sit in a queue of vehicles again.

Car drivers on Bikes

Post 2

Researcher 55287

I've got a '98 Fireblade CBR900RRW, and most days smaller bikes overtake me. Especially round bends. But they can't do 175MPH, and I can. Practically every day I ride I do atleast 150MPH somewhere. It's just nice to not have to cane the pants off it like you have to do on smaller machines to get anywhere.

Car drivers on Bikes

Post 3

Zed

You're not wrong dude. I was just being cranky. smiley - smiley

I ride that road everyday to work & back so I know it far too well. I just see a lot a people who ride fast bikes as though they were still in their cars, so I get all smug leaving them behind on my 400. I know my bike is toast on the open road, so I take my victories where I can, y'know? smiley - winkeye

I've had big fast bikes, up to a tuned FJ11, I just have more fun riding 400's to the max & not having to keep the bike in check. It is loads of fun to let rip & do serious MPH & I would like a big Blade to go with my other baby one. OTOH, for riding to work everyday my little 4 is the best bike for the job.

At the end of the day though, bikers aren't meant to deal with traffic, are we? smiley - smiley

Car drivers on Bikes

Post 4

Mad Max

People on fast bikes have no real excuse to ride slow. If on the other hand, a car driver has decided to get a real car...things are different. Any V-8 powered car will produce more power on average, but will suck so much fuel as to make you drive slow (I owned a clapped-out 1980 Z-28 -best car I ever owned, but definitely an excuse to drive slow...).

Traffic is great if you need a reason to get angry.

Speaking of that sort of thing, police are great eh? Whenever the rain comes, you can be confidant that they are munching donuts, so you can drive like people are supposed to drive. After all, driving fast keeps your mind on the job so you don't crash.

Car drivers on Bikes

Post 5

Zed

There are places to go fast, and places to go slow, but IMHO most anywhere past the 'No Limits' sign, or national speed limit the polis refer to it as, is quite a good place.

The trouble with cars is this country is too small for them. We were having a discussion over on Fairly Strange's page (under 'the mountain has moved') about 'real cars', ones that actually accelerate as opposed to most cars. But big fast cars need space to do their thang. England is the perfect size, with the exact amount of twisty bits and straight bits, to really allow you to give a bike some stick, and get the most out of it.

H&K
Z

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Zed

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more