This is the Message Centre for HooloovooDNA

stupidity and traits

Post 1

HooloovooDNA

This is a very touchy subject, so please don't be affended if any or all of these next comments describe you. (Hopefully they don't)

The traits you inheret sometimes seem like there's a set number of skill you can have, and they are distributed at randomto you. It came to me while sitting in a class, I was talking with a friend of mine and I noticed that the football player next to my friend was getting extreme pleasure and humor out of sticking his finger in the CD-ROM drive of his computer and watching it close on it, and then stop. I sat there thinking how a person could be so stupid as to repeatedly stick his finger in a computer's CD drive. I asked him why he was doing that, and he replied very simply, "I'm th' smart'st kid ever", in a deep southern drawl. I proceeded to ask why ,if he were so smart, why he was sticking his finger in a CD drive when it obivously does not say "please stick finger here" on it. He replied, while still having his finger stuck in the drive, "I ain't doin' nuthin'."

I figured by this time nothing fruitful would come of this argument, so I proceeded to talk with my friend. After a while, I glanced over again. Instead of sticking his finger in a drive, he now wanted to see if he could rip the buttons off of the computer mouse. I wanted to shoot him in the foot at this point. Now, these computers were fairly screwed up to begin with, but he was actually able to make it worse. I asked him again why he was trying to rip off the buttons of his mouse, and his only reply was "I need to fix my c'mputer." I based my theory of trait value on ther fact that this jock could run a mile in about 5 minutes, but he couldn't screw in a lightbulb without killing a kitten, breaking a vase, and electrocuting himslef at least three times before reaching the ladder.

Now, I have read another article on the guide entitled "Stupidity and Evolution", and I figure that that author isn't far from hitting the nail on the head with the 'stupidity genes' idea, because I had just found the prefect exampleof that theory in motion. I am still suprised that that man is still living and hasn't been lynched by a pack of angry squirrels and been beaten with acorns.

stupidity and traits

Post 2

Zucchini

Maybe you _should_ have shot him in the foot; that way he wouldn't be able to run a mile in 5 minutes AND he would still be stupid.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HooloovooDNA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more