This is the Message Centre for new gal

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 1

kittykat

Hi! smiley - smiley I am kittykat smiley - magicsmiley - fullmoon and joined this site just a few days ago. smiley - biggrin It's fantastic - lots of smart and zany people who seem to be brimming with fun ( and TONS of sarcasm) smiley - wow. I'm sure you'll fit right in as everyone is extremely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful smiley - angel. Have Fun smiley - smileysmiley - bubbly

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 2

new gal

thanks, i joined the site yesterday. i was introduced by some friends (ali g in da place + dragon), im finding my way around at the moment, it seems really interesting. Havent met many people yet, but im hoping to.

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 3

kittykat

Good morning smiley - smiley, I think you've chosen well smiley - biggrin - everyone seems very friendly and helpful smiley - angel and many are definitely a bit ZANY smiley - laugh! Where are you - I'm in N.Y. No doubt you'll have a lot of fun here smiley - flyhismiley - magicsmiley - fullmoon KAT

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 4

new gal

im in sunny england(not) along the south coast. Whats it like in N.Y. Nice and sunny or raining cats and dogs.

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 5

kittykat

At the moment, it is cloudy, drab and drizzly. smiley - sadface But yesterday was a most magnificently warm and wonderful day. smiley - biggrin Spring is finally here - at least for now smiley - wow! That could change in a trice! smiley - laugh (I just love these smilies smiley - starsmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - star - you might have noticed!) What is your life like? I love England although I haven't been there for a while. smiley - blue How do you spend your days? Have you been to the States? smiley - magicsmiley - fullmoon KAT

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 6

new gal

No i have to admit ive never been to the states. Always wanted to go though.Englands not that nice. For once it is actually sunny over here. About 3 days out of a year its actually sunny, weve had a week of it so far so we are quite lucky. Expecting rain tomorrow though. My life is not that interesting. I spend most of it at work. Which is fun (not) and then i go down the pub or to the cinema with my mates. Sounds interesting eh.(sorry to bore you). Anyway im being rude, talking all about myself, how do you spend your days.

Speak to you soon

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 7

kittykat

You're not being rude at all smiley - smiley I love learning about other people since I truly believe we basically are simply members of the same family. smiley - biggrin Our similarities far outweigh our differences and our differences add joy and excitement to our individual lives. smiley - ok At the moment I am engaged in combatting illegal loggers who are destroying the land. smiley - steam Very difficult, horribly nasty, and potentially dangerous. smiley - grrsmiley - grr But I know I have been given this mission as a gift smiley - gift and would not be in this situation without having the "right stuff" to deal with it. smiley - smileysmiley - smiley But sometimes I forget that smiley - sadface and simply want to give up. smiley - cry Then, from out of the blue, something or someone will come into my life and bolster me. smiley - wow What type of work do you do? What type of movies do you like? And please tell me all about the pub - I love them and wish there was one near me! smiley - laughsmiley - magicsmiley - fullmoon KAT

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 8

new gal

well dont give up. Im dead against loggers as well. Maybe ill come over there and help you. Youve got all my support. I admire people who help with the environment.

I work in a call centre. I dont know if you have call centres in the states but its just basically answering the phones all day. So i get used to speaking to different people. Its quite fun really.

I like all sorts of movies. I went to see ali g in da house recently. Which was very funny. Have you seen it yet.

The pubs over here im afraid arent that interesting. There are quite boring to be honest, its just any excuse to catch up with friends.

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 9

kittykat

Your job sounds like it has fun aspects to it - always talking to new folks - I would certainly enjoy that smiley - biggrin! I don't get out to the movies much as the nearest theater is about 25 miles away and I don't particularly like driving at night. smiley - sadface All the critters are around and frequently deer get hit by cars. smiley - cry But I do subscribe to Netflix and get to see about a dozen movies a month that way. I especially like the oldies - Alfred Hitchcock, Cary Grant,etc. smiley - smiley . Musicals are high on the list too smiley - ok. The two that arrived yesterday are fairly recent - "Shakespeare in Love" and "The Cider House Rules". I love this service as everything is mailed to you and there are no late fees smiley - cool. Traveling can be very difficult up here in the winter so it makes life a lot easier. Plus the selection is great (over 10,000 titles). We watched "Fantasia" and it was super smiley - wow. And having the DVD format is so superior to regular tapes. I just love all the behind-the-scenes info they give you. smiley - gift Do you like animals? Are you married? Any hobbies? This is great fun chatting with you!!! smiley - winkeyesmiley - flyhismiley - magicsmiley - fullmoon KAT

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 10

new gal

I dont like driving at night either, ive only recently just passed my test so any driving at all is scary enough. Im quite lucky really, i have about 5 cinemas within a 10 mile radius. Which is very useful.

Yeah i love animals. My favourites are dogs. I have a little yorkie called rosie, i am hoping to also get a king charles cavelier spaniel, and a staffordshire bull terrior. But i love any animal apart from spiders which i have a great fear of.

I like watching the dvds as well. I have about 14 so far, so if i cant get to the cinema i stay in and watch them.

No im not married. Im engaged though. Due to get married in october. What about you?

Not much hobbies. I enjoy ice skating though

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 11

kittykat

Wow smiley - wow - You are lucky to have so many movies so close. I grew up on Long Island and there were zillions of multi-plexes all over the place. smiley - smiley The one theater that's here is old - but they refurbished it with Dolby and show only first-run movies (it's in a college town). Plus it has only one BIG screen so it's a fun place to go (and the popcorn's really good smiley - ok !) I'm always trying to get other people to drive but everyone seems to be too tired at night. smiley - sadface But the nice weather is coming and things will change smiley - biggrin - hibernation will end, the sun will shine longer, and we'll all be filled with new energy ---- I HOPE!! smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh. I am divorced - what looked terrific at 17 didn't appear real wonderful at 27! smiley - yuk I had been warned but I was headstrong and quite frankly, stupid. smiley - crysmiley - cross I have a friend (he'd like to get married but he's also divorced and we both have children and OH DEAR --- it's TOO complicated!!! smiley - yikes ). I simply want to spend time on my own, find out who I am, - I honestly don't know and fight my causes. smiley - biggrin But I'm going to have to get a job very soon. It would be great if I could find something through the computer. smiley - cool This way I could still travel when I want and not be confined to an office smiley - groan. Suffocation City!! smiley - grr What's your fiance like? How did you meet? What kind of wedding are you having? smiley - biggrinsmiley - magicsmiley - fullmoon KAT

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 12

new gal

sorry i didnt reply yesterday, the server was down. My fiance is lovely. Hes 24 and is a computer programmer. He originates from south africa but has lived in england for 8 years. I met him about 2 years ago. We met through a mutual friend. We want a big wedding but it costs so much nowadays. We are have the ceremony in my family church which is about half a mile away and then we are going to a posh hotel for the reception. Im really exited.

Im looking for a new job. I dont mind the job ive got its just that you are in a office for nine hours a day constantly on the phone. It just gets abit too much sometimes.

What did you do last night. It was gary's 24th birthday, so we went to a party. It was really good but i think i had a bit too much to drink.. Paying for it now though.

Anyway speak to you soon.

Nicky

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 13

kittykat

Hi! I know the problems servers can bring smiley - steam but that's one area I have no control over smiley - cross. One of our friends had an Open House last night - they have it every year. All the people visiting from out of town ultimately wind up there and it's great fun. smiley - laugh I was cooking until very late ( and grabbing short intervals on the computer ) so we didn't arrive there until after midnight. smiley - winkeye I am Tired smiley - sadface and most of the day is ahead of me. But a strong coffee - nothing like a jolt of caffeine to rev up my engines - should improve things smiley - cool. I've amended my user name - BTW my real name is Sue. What type of job would you like to find? Have you picked out your wedding dress yet? How many attendants will be in the bridal party? smiley - yikes I hope you don't think me too nosy - I am sincerely interested. And my condolences about the Queen Mum. smiley - sadface I understand she was very beloved. smiley - angelsmiley - magicsmiley - fullmoon KAT

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 14

new gal

Thats sounds nice, the open house. I have been laying laminate flooring all day today. We had just finished it and then we had a flood and had to lift it all up again. How typical.

Any job will suit me. I like working on computers, so anything to do with that. I will have to keep my ears and eyes open.

I havent picked out my wedding dress yet, my mum wants to come with me so she can buy it. Apparently it is some tradition.

There is going to be about 60 people at the wedding reception. I have decided on two bridesmaids and one flower girl. Should look nice.

I dont think your being nosy at all. I like finding out about other people as well. What have you been up to today.

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 15

kittykat

Hi! Sorry about your flooring smiley - sadface. We had a problem with a backed-up sink and I put some drain cleaner down to clean it out. It ate through the pipe underneath and wound up all over the kitchen floor. smiley - yuk It actually burned it! smiley - grr And the can said it was safe for pipes! smiley - yikes I've been cooking leftovers most of the morning and freezing them. Pain in the neck but on the nights I don't feel like making dinner I'll be grateful they're there! smiley - biggrin I think it's a lovely tradition that your mother buys the dress. smiley - ok However, does that mean she can tell you which one to pick? Do you get along well with her? Does she like your fiance? My mother didn't like my husband and it caused problems. smiley - blue But a really weird smiley - weird thing occurred. My father had died, my husband's mother died and my mother married his father!!! smiley - wow But they didn't get along and everything became a mess! Life is very strange! smiley - winkeyesmiley - magicsmiley - fullmoon KAT

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 16

new gal

Yeah i get on really well with my mum. Theres no chance my mum will choose my dress. She hasnt got very good taste. Bless her. yes she really likes gary. Hes got such a lovely personality. I havent met one person who doesnt like him. His mum didnt like me from the start, but with time she grew to like me and now we get on really well, which is good.

Thats a really good idea, cooking and freezing. I finish work at 8 tonight and then i have to drive home and then think about cooking. Not good. Maybe i should take a leaf out of your book,

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 17

kittykat

Sounds like you have a lovely relationship with your mom - makes life a LOT easier! smiley - biggrin When I cook a batch of leftovers I freeze them in containers that can go directly into the microwave. Super simple and a lot less cleanup (which I detest smiley - yuk).Does Gary cook? KK

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 18

new gal

He can yeah. Hes alot better than me. I have to confess...Im not the best cook in the world. Ssshhh. Dont tell anyone though. I usually end up cooking too much so in that case i end up freezing it and cooking it the next day. which is good.

Yeah it is good being close to my mum. Sometimes she inteferes which annoys me but i know she means well. Bless her.

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 19

kittykat

i didn't get along very well with my mother. smiley - sadface But since she's past I miss her a lot which is very strange smiley - bigeyes. Are there a lot of tributes to the Queen Mum? What did you think of her?

Welcome Fellow Newbie

Post 20

new gal

Im sorry about your mum. I consider myself lucky to get along with my mum. Its not always been that way. When i lived at home we used to clash but now ive moved out we get on alot better.

Yes there are alot of tributes for the Queen mother. She was well loved. I thought she was lovely. She was always doing things for people even though she was old. I think she will be sorely missed.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for new gal

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more