This is the Message Centre for Coffeinitis

Hello over there :-)

Post 1

Malabarista - now with added pony

Hi from Germany - don't worry, you can talk to me, I don't plan to immigrate smiley - winkeye

I see you're pretty new to hootoo - are you finding your way around ok?

Have you discovered the German Department yet? We might be able to use your help there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A2718001

Tavaron's in charge of that, she's from Austria. We can use a few more funny accents smiley - winkeye

Post 2

Coffeinitis

Hi neighbour! You have not to worry neither, I'm none of those swiss patriots smiley - smiley but we need them, without them we would have more foreign people than swiss guys smiley - winkeye

Well, thank you for your question, I must say, that I have some problems. I'm a catastrophy with computers and also homepages. I wrote some infos about me in the space, but it looks very boring and I've no idea to add some pictures. (by the way, your space is really nice! smiley - smiley)

This German Department sounds interesting. But if you want to find a new accent, then I have to disappoint you because I can only write in this "book-german", we learn only this writing in school, none of the accents. But I can try to speak like a "Bayer" or a real swiss politican! smiley - winkeye

Post 3

smiley - laugh and they'd eat all your chocolate smiley - winkeye

Thanks, but my space was made by Tavaron, last time she was here - I have no idea how to put in all the pictures myself smiley - laugh I'll help you if I can, though.

Pity, that smiley - winkeye But we have arguments about the "right" word for things sometimes, you can join in those smiley - smiley For a chair, Tav says "Sessel", I say "Stuhl" - for a pillow, she says "Polster", I say "Kissen", etc smiley - laugh

Out of interest, what are you studying that involved orienteering hikes? smiley - bigeyes

Post 4

Coffeinitis

Oh my god, I didn't tought of this! *buying all chocolate in every shop*

Hmm, then I have to become a friend of Tavaron, haven't I? smiley - winkeye

Well, I can teach the germans to speak swiss-german, then you would say "Stuehl" or "Hocker" instead of "Sessel/Stuhl" and "Chüssi" instead of "Kissen/Polster" smiley - smiley and there are a lot of funny expressions in swiss german! smiley - winkeye
I didn't find the link to add this department...

I'm at the gymnasium (I think it's more or less the same like "Abi"..) and we have 3 hours sport in a week and in this lesson we made a orienteering hike.

Post 5

You can give her some of your smiley - choc to start smiley - winkeye

smiley - rofl See, that's what I mean. I need to practice, actually, we have a lot of Swiss professors coming at the end of the month and I have to take them all out to dinner smiley - yikes

Ah, I see smiley - smiley We never did anything that interesting smiley - laugh

Post 6

Coffeinitis

But... but... why chocolate? smiley - ermsmiley - biggrin

Fine I can teach you some swiss expressions to impress them. But why do they come to you?

Post 7

smiley - laugh you just bought so much smiley - winkeye

Thanks smiley - laugh

I'm working at the University where I also study, and the institute I work in is hosting a conference, which will be about Swiss architecture, so they're coming to give lectures about it smiley - smiley

Post 8

Coffeinitis

Swiss architecture? What's so special about Swiss architecture, that your institute has a conference about that?
You have to tell me how the meeting was, when it is over, I wonder what you'll thinking of swiss people smiley - smiley and like I said, if you want to know a specific word in swiss german, ask me. smiley - cool

(Sorry for replying you so late! I had some problems with my computer, like always when I have to do with technique smiley - erm)

Post 9

smiley - laugh Sure. The Swiss I've met so far are mostly harmless smiley - winkeye

There are simply a lot of famous Swiss architects - Mario Botta, Herzog & de Meuron, etc.

smiley - goodluck with that in future!

Post 10

Coffeinitis

Hope you had a great day..?
Well, I have to say that I was really impressed when I read that you met Mario Botta (I don't know the other two, ahm.. actually I don't know any architects exept Botta.. so I have the expression that he is really famous otherwise I wouldn't know him neither...smiley - smiley)

I don't want to bore you and so I will leave you with the opinion that I wrote you as a important person smiley - biggrin

Post 11

smiley - laugh I haven't met him *yet*, just telling you why the subject is Swiss architecture. smiley - winkeye

I'm busy putting together my boss's presentation for his speech now smiley - yawn

Post 12

Coffeinitis

Hey Malabarista
It's very long ago since I wrote the last time, I'm really sorry. I haven't even another excuse than idleness smiley - erm
I hope you had a great start in the new year and also a nice end smiley - smiley
Well, I wanted you to know, that I didn't forget you smiley - biggrin
Have a nice day!

Post 13

That's as good a reason as any smiley - winkeye Happy new year! smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post