This is the Message Centre for Serephina

What the hell am I doing?..

Post 21

Genie

No you wouldn't.....smiley - cross

You have less excuses for not giving up than alot of people who want to quit smoking.

One of them being a short trip to your GP gets you support and a nicotine replacement programme for FREE!!! How much more do you want?

Somebody to bring it to you and force feed you the gum? Or someone to guard you 24 hours a day to make sure you don't break your habit!

Cognitive behaviour therapy does work, but most of it comes down to pure will power in the end.

Sorry if I sound like a grumpy old cow, but I've heard you promise to do it before and then gone straight back to it!! smiley - laugh Now I only work 2 days a week, how about I don the ugly blue shorts and threaten to come round in them if you feel like smoking again? smiley - winkeye

Post 22

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

one more reason to stop! thank you Galaxy for mentioning this before!

Smokers' blindness risk 'doubled'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4217010.stm

Post 23

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bigeyes yeh, I think it does at the end of the day come down to will power, my father, after about 45 years of smoking quit, no patchs, just will power < smiley - bigeyes though the daft bugger started again after a year of having quit smiley - dohsmiley - blush

Post 24

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

this weekend my dad would have be 73 if he did not die 10 years ago of long and liver cancer due smoking. he stopped for while too, but started again!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Serephina

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more