A Conversation for Rules of Pub Bridge

Peer Review: A713170 - Rules of Pub Bridge

Post 1

Mu Beta

Entry: Rules of Pub Bridge - A713170
Author: Master B, Keeper of Useful Tools etc. - U190397

I didn't think it was great, but a more-experienced H2G2er said it had potential. Go on scouts, do your worst...

B

A713170 - Rules of Pub Bridge

Post 2

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I would love to comply with that offer smiley - winkeye --- if I only knew *anything* about bridge smiley - erm

Post 3

Mu Beta

I think this is the problem - bridge players on h2g2 are far fewer and further between than I ever imagined. You're all too young, that's the problem (you know you're sad when you say that aged 22 smiley - biggrin).

B

Post 4

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

yes, agreed!

Post 5

Bagpuss

"...a more-experienced H2G2er ..."

Is he talking about me? Surely not.

Only just spotted this thread, Master B. I thought the entry was good, but it's had a muted response here. In retrospect, it's probably a bad idea to put forward a joke entry that you need to understand bridge to get smiley - sadface (that is, a bad idea to put it forward for the edited guide, I don't mean a bad idea to write it). Nevertheless, I think your style's good, so you should be able to get something onto the front page.

Post 6

Mu Beta

Yeah. I'll take this out. I've got two entries running through Sub-Ed as we speak (er...type), so God willing, they'll end up on the front page one day. A724169 and A713972, by the way.

B

Post 7

Bagpuss

Ooh, Wallace and Gromit. smiley - cool

Post 8

Vip

B- thought about putting this into the Underguide? Get rid of John's page for Brum though- it's not there any more. Birmingham don't appear to have a website.

As an aside, R and I disagree with rule 12. We say *never* let a drunk person who thinks he knows a trick to show you. It will only end in bridge-interruption and possible beer spillage. And you might never get rid of them!

smiley - fairy

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Rules of Pub Bridge

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more