A Conversation for A study on The Story of an Hour

Peer Review: A711019 - A study on The Story of an Hour

Post 1

Outofpaper

Entry: A study on The Story of an Hour - A711019
Author: Outofpaper - U107111

This is an essay that I wrote for my English class.

A711019 - A study on The Story of an Hour

Post 2

Azara

Hi, outofpaper!

I think that for an entry here on h2g2, you will need to give a background section about the author. Your English class probably knew when and where Kate Chopin was writing, but a lot of h2g2 readers won't. If you write a short introduction, explaining something about Kate Chopin, then the rest of the entry will make more sense - things have changed quite a lot in the last 100 years!

Azara
smiley - rose

Post 3

Z

HI Out of paper..
I really liked what I read here what it left me with was a desire to read the book, which is what you're aiming for isn't it?

but-

I found it a bit difficult to follow, I had to read it several times, the terminology was the sort that you'd use for an english essay not in everyday coversation. It would be nice if you could inculde the background, and also a bit about the reaction to the story at the time.

Have you thought of using subheaders, and Guide ML
you can find more information about it at Writing-GuideML then it will look a lot better.

Keep at it thought it's a fascinating subject and I for one would welcome in the edited guide.

Post 4

Outofpaper

Thank you for your input I will go over it and rewrite it in GuidML.

Post 5

Z

No problem, keep at it, I for one would like to see a guide entry on this topic.
smiley - magic

Post 6

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I for two would too smiley - smiley

(typo: marring -> marrying)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more