This is the Message Centre for Natalie

Need to revise following Article:

Post 1

Maus Merryjest

Dear editor, I would like to bring this to your attention:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A311761

I am originally from Ecuador, and this article is inaccurate on the geographical front, and needs to be updated in the economic front:

==========

Geography: There are three regions to Ecuador, only one of which is cold and mountanous: The Highlands. Then you have the Coast and the Orient (Amazonian Jungle).

Currency: The currency of Ecuador, once known as the Sucre (Baptized after a national martyr, General Sucre and not- as apocrypha suggests named after the german word for "Sugar"), is no longer in existence. It has been replaced by the U.S. Dollar and it is identical in every way to our Dollar, except for the coins which are minted specially in ecuador and are valid only in Ecuadorian territory- something the Ecuadorian Hitchiker may want to remember, as they tend to be the same size and weigh about the same.

Hitchiker Tip: Despite their different surface configurations, Ecuadorian cents and U.S. cents weight exactly the same and are still interchangeable as far as Pop/Fizz/Soda vending machines go. Perhaps this was a thoughtful gesture to save the tedium of currency exchange- but then again, maybe not.

Post 2

Natalie

Hello there Maus,

Thanks so much for your very helpful feedback!

This Entry is not part of our Edited Guide (i.e. it hasn't been through our in-house editing process) and so we wouldn't alter its contents as it remains the sole work and property of the author. However, you can offer the author your feedback by posting your comments in the Conversation Forum beneath the article (by clicking on 'Discuss this Entry').

Even better, you could write your own Entry on Ecuador and submit it for inclusion in our Edited Guide! That'd be fantastic - there isn't one currently.

Anyway, thanks once again for your comments.

Natalie smiley - smiley

Post 3

Maus Merryjest

Thank you! I will work on an Entry for Ecuador as soon as my semester settles down into some semblance of sanity smiley - smiley I am glad to be aboard!

Post 4

Natalie

Fantastic! smiley - smiley

I look forward to seeing the Entry and hope you continue to enjoy h2g2! smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Natalie

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more