This is the Message Centre for kow

HI KOW

Post 1

~~Insomniac.Vampire~~

Hi, i just stumbled accidently of course (i dont lurk lol smiley - whistle) on an old thread..posted by you in 2002 saying that the firewall was coming down at 2,gmt!..obviously what im wondering is how you would know that? and im kicking myself for not introducing myself to you until now....
hi names smiley - vampire or vamp take your pick i dont mind and i usually get called much worse! lol smiley - biggrin
employee of tw or you have friends in high places? smiley - smiley

smiley - fullmoon

p.s./ my systems playing up like you wouldnt smiley - bleep believe..should i spam you it is purely unintentional honest

HI KOW

Post 2

manda1111

Hi

Kow knows a lot of people in high places ( Like the bloke in the flat upstairs smiley - winkeye ) so he will know about these thing, ( come to think about it, How did he know smiley - erm )

what I wanted to say was, I don't think it is your system that is playing up, the whole site is going very slow smiley - steam and it realy getting on my nerves smiley - steam

and no one can find out why smiley - grr

so for once it aint your digibox smiley - winkeye

manda smiley - peacedove

HI KOW

Post 3

kow

Hi vamp, hi manda

Wow that thread that *ahem* stumbled across must have been a bit dusty.smiley - winkeye

The reason I knew that wall was down, was because it was down.smiley - biggrin TW have to take it down when they're adding anything to the Interactive service and at time they were trying to add yoome2. Don't worry tho, when it's next down it will be shouted from the rooftops, or failing that the Friends of LD homespace.smiley - winkeye So make sure you're subscribed.smiley - biggrin

HI KOW

Post 4

~~Insomniac.Vampire~~

Hi Kow [with added tagline]

thanks for replying..yeah it was dusty alright..it was pre yoomesmiley - bleep back in the good old days of LD smiley - biggrin

and here was me thinking id stumbled across someone in the know lol friends of LD homespace huh? best get myself on that then..smiley - cheers for the tip..heres 1 for you..(im hoping the smiley - bleep at TW havnt found a way round it yet)! big brother starts on the 23rd may..i heard a whisper it may be down then something to do with the show..fingers crossed but not holding my breath smiley - biggrin

smiley - fullmoon

HI KOW

Post 5

~~Insomniac.Vampire~~

Hiya Manda,
still havnt done my guestbook yet..been busy helping others with there page..am i smiley - bleep helpful or what? i should be 'aced' or preferably offered a financial reward for my good deeds LMAO smiley - biggrinsmiley - whistle

thanks for msg it doesnt make me feel any better but for once i cant blame TW for smiley - bleep up! smiley - biggrin

ive noticed you get around with a lot of the people i speak to or those off LD..was you on it too?

smiley - fullmoon

HI KOW

Post 6

kow

Still not down.smiley - erm

HI KOW

Post 7

~~Insomniac.Vampire~~

Kow,

erm the trouble with posting on peoples old spaces is they dont often come across it until much later lol

id forgotten id ever posted to you! and i dont think i ever got myself subscribed to the friends of LD, (friends of? lol), well whatever its called, might go take a look see if i can find the page page smiley - run

smiley - fullmoon

HI KOW

Post 8

kow

IV:
Don't worry about it, it took me long enough to find it, and it's on my space.LOL

"id forgotten id ever posted to you!"
WHAT?!!! How could ya?!smiley - wahLOL

Friends of LD is at U201567, it's not as busy as it used to be though, or as friendly.smiley - erm That must be what h2g2 does to you!smiley - winkeye

HI KOW

Post 9

~~Insomniac.Vampire~~

Kow,

after posting to you, i went to look for Loupys and Mandys pages cos i know they have it but everytime i clicked on 'friends of' i keep getting error 151 so i smiley - bleep off with the hump smiley - grr and after getting thrown off h2g2 half a dozen times i realise ive got the damn link on my own page too! smiley - doh still giving a 151 though

well it was a long time ago, check the date, i have problems remembering 5 minutes ago!

yeah h2g2 does bring out the best and the worst in people doesnt it..old wounds obviously dont heal lol

smiley - fullmoon

HI KOW

Post 10

kow

151? Are you sure that's not the phone number they want you to call with the error code?LOL

I've just tried it at: <./>dna/h2g2/plain/A814303</.> and got in to it okay (though it probably is getting a bit long for the STB), maybe you could do with a reboot?

Don't worry about it, I was just going through my message centre to see if they were any messages I'd forgotten about. I'm another one with a 5 minute memory.smiley - biggrin

HI KOW

Post 11

kow

Oops! That's giving me an error now: A814303

HI KOW

Post 12

~~Insomniac.Vampire~~

Kow,

smiley - footballsmiley - football! its still error paging me and booting me out of h2g2, and thats both links! smiley - grr

actually yeah lol 151 was the number, the error is either 403, 404 or no error number at all

no im not rebooting everything else is fine and ive got my tv back in the corner again, im not losing that for the sake of seeing if anyone else off LD is now on the list, im not that bothered about it

the funny thing about my memory is i can still clearly remember days/events from as far back as when i was 3, its just very recent things..you think cracking my head open when i was 3 is what did it? lmao smiley - winkeye

smiley - fullmoon

HI KOW

Post 13

kow

The first was a duff link, so I suspected that might.smiley - biggrin The error codes and their meanings are usually:

protocol - not supported by Telepest (usually email addresses).
text/html - out of memory, needs a reboot.
400 - TW servers, try again later.
403 - The firewall.
404 - Duff address (see above).
500/1/2 - External (BBC) servers, try again later.

"ive got my tv in the corner again"
So have I.smiley - diva But are you gonna leave it like that for ever?!LOL You're right though, it's not worth the hassle, just try later, but at least now you'll know why.smiley - biggrin

It could be that, or the constant banging your head against the wall lately.smiley - laugh

HI KOW

Post 14

~~Insomniac.Vampire~~

Kow,

seeing as your so clued up on what the numbers mean, whats the number for when tw has smiley - bleep up and the back doors open? or they are working somewhere on the site and the back doors open as a result? or oops we left the back door open? or smiley - bleep who broke the lock on the back door? or smiley - bleep some smiley - bleep just kicked the back door in? smiley - rofl

no cos ive got basketball on tv at the moment smiley - zzz i thought it was a 1 off the other night but somebody sent us an email earlier showing me how i can have it permanently (sometimes its a blessing that tw are so smiley - bleep incompident! smiley - biggrin)

hey im not the only 1 who's been banging my head against the wall lately lol

brb going to change channel for some smiley - musicalnotesmiley - biggrin

its handy to know what those error codes mean though, might refer to that post again sometime

smiley - fullmoon

HI KOW

Post 15

carino (feliz cumpleanos la mi)

what is this?please explain no front row movies,question is,will it work on a none tw remote with no back/delete function,hence the gobbledy gook>>>>afzl g

HI KOW

Post 16

~~Insomniac.Vampire~~

Carino,

i dont know im blonde smiley - doh lol you'd be best off getting Kow to explain it to you properly im useless at giving directions..all i know is you press 2 buttons at the same time when your in email and smiley - magic

smiley - fullmoon

HI KOW

Post 17

you still don't believe in that 0ld blonde myth? my daughter is a natural and can teach me a thing or two and my granddaughter,who's also very blonde,so don't you believe in that stupid stuff ok?i gotta get a new keyboard or remote q j

HI KOW

Post 18

~~Insomniac.Vampire~~

Carino,

nah how could i? im not a natural smiley - winkeye lol it was a joke
if your remote isnt tw how can you acces this with no keypad?
anyway im going now, got an early start, if you see Kow tell him i said goodnight, another time smiley - biggrin

smiley - fullmoon

HI KOW

Post 19

Its a remote just like any other,you 'key'in the number for TV,SKY,DVD,OR CABLE and your away,the only problem is,theres no delete button,so when my keys are skipping(as they do) i have to type again and again smiley - laugh i broke my keyboard,i'm debatin on buying a new one,i don't know if its worth it or not,goodnight take care carino smiley - peacedove.o

HI KOW

Post 20

~~Insomniac.Vampire~~

Carino,

ive never heard of a remote like this before? great for tv stations but thats about it, dont help on this..i would have to get a keyboard that would drive me nuts though saying that the keys still jump!
so does that mean your not a tw customer or you are but you have a clever remote? lol mind you never mentioned video or stereo so your remotes not that clever smiley - laugh

smiley - fullmoon

Key: Complain about this post