This is the Message Centre for barrelracer

Greetings Sir barrelracer

Post 1

Ste

What on Earth is barrel racing anyway? smiley - huh

I came across your userpage from Josh, who I have had a few run ins with in the past (and indeed the present) smiley - biggrin.

Why is he trying to convert you (I think I know this answer already), it must be tough enough being gay in Oklahoma as it is. You should be applauded for you bravery. Stick with it, don't let people persecute you, be proud smiley - ok.

I'm not gay, but I understand how hard it must be to acknowledge and deal with it with society's ever-present ingrained homophobia. But to be self-aware enough to realise your homosexuality and then make it known to people that you are gay takes some guts. I get along well with gay people, they seem to have a self-assuredness and wry putlook on life that a lot of straight people seem to lack; they've been through hardships.

Welcome to h2g2, it's a great community. I hope you get as addicted to this place as I am.

smiley - cheers

Stesmiley - stout

Post 2

Josh the Genius

Come on, Ste. You jump to conclusions about me. I do not approve of barrelracer's homosexuality, but I recognize it as his choice and his right. And it IS tough to be gay in Oklahoma. That is why I have befriended him. There are people around here that would do things to him that you wouldn't believe if not for those of us willing to defend him.

Post 3

Josh the Genius

I don't deny mentioning Christianity to him as an alternative to his current lifestyle, which is my right so long as I do not badger him.

Post 4

Ste

I didn't mean convert to Christianity, but from gayness to straightness smiley - biggrin

Stesmiley - tea

Post 5

Josh the Genius

The thing is, and I don't want to tell you to much without barrelracer's permission, but he was not born gay; he was made gay. His naturally high pitched voice and, er, somewhat giddy nature he was the subject of much torment. People called him "gay" enough times that he eventually believed it. He has told me himself that the thought of having sex with another man disgusts him. I asked him why, then, is he gay, and he could give no answer. I think there are a lot of other people like him who are perfectly straight, but are badgered in to being gay, and not nessicarily by other gays. I have discussed with him this possiblility, and he seems open to change.

As Christians we are taught that our actions are more important than our words. St. Francis of Assisi once said, "Preach the Gospel to all the world, and if necissary, use words." For me to try to convert barrelracer is not to preach to him or agrue with him, but to show the love of Christ to him. I don't always do as good of a job as I should but that is my goal.

Barrelracing, by the way, is a very exciting equestrian sport where the rider runs a pattern through and around barrels, something I have not the guts to even trysmiley - smiley

Post 6

barrelracer

thanks for sayin high but lets get one thing straight I dont approve of people talking behind my back.... exspecialy family so please refrain your self and stop talking about me. find somethimg more exciting than my life
ttfn
barrelracersmiley - zen

Post 7

barrelracer

thanks for sayin high but lets get one thing straight I dont approve of people talking behind my back.... exspecialy family so please refrain your self and stop talking about me. find somethimg more exciting than my life
ttfn
barrelracersmiley - zen

Post 8

Ste

This is in your personal space and I was addressing you personally barrelracer. You just didn't reply to me...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for barrelracer

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more