This is the Message Centre for Fenchurch M. Mercury

AAAH!... Something terrible has happened!

Post 1

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Oh no! Oh no! I don't know what to do!... my home page has gone!... GONE!... I feel like a ghost... I feel like Captain Kirk (though not as brave), when everyone thought he was dead... but he wasn't... but they thought he was... Oh No!

Post 2

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Oh no, John-the-Gradener, you're right!!!

It's OUTRAGEOUS! smiley - winkeye

But never fear, I'll house it here until you get it back... well I mean, it's all I know how to do... I'll write about how you minutely alter the face of the planet and live in a house... it's the least I could do, right?

But really, what happened?

Post 3

Gee wizz... thanks Fenchurch. It's definately not nice just floating about. I've already tried to haunt the

DON'T PANIC!

page in my best impression of... not Bob Marley... the other one... Jacob Marley.

It's Friday too. So I'll probably be a ghost at least for the weekend. Maybe I could live in a bottle, if you have one, like a genie.

Post 4

Fenchurch M. Mercury

A bottle? Well I stuck you to the bottom of the page, actually, with what I remembered from your page... I could put you into a bottle if you'd like... That's so odd, I've tried typing it in, I've tried getting in indirectly... it just dissappeared.

I blame the beetles.

Post 5

Doug Dastardly

JTG - we have also left a comment about it on Jim Lynn's homepage because he is very good at picking up stuff at home so hopefully it will be sorted soon. This is Ginger btw pretending to be Doug!

Post 6

Thanks Ginger. That's a very good impersonation, by the way. Actually, I'm starting to warm to being a ghost. I can drift about haunting people, without having to produce anything of my own. I can almost tilt paintings now.

(I miss my home page...sniffle).

Post 7

Did you see what Fenchurch did?

She's

MAH...VELOUS!

Post 8

Doug Dastardly

Yeah, we did, did you see what Fenchurch did for Ginger! She made her a reverse fishy that's swimming backwards on her page! (Doug, doing an impression of Ginger doing an impression of Doug!)

Post 9

Fenchurch M. Mercury

That's what's missing from JTG's temporary home, the self-watering flower fish. Would you like a fish, Doug?

Post 10

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Hmmm...sorry to hear the bad news J-T-G! Fenchurch is a real stand-up pal!

Now, on a related note, all this talk about ghosts got me thinking. Someone claiming to be a "reincarnated" researcher has asked me for a softball roster spot, as a ghost pitcher. I was thinking this might be related to that - this unknown researcher already has a roster spot under a different name - but now that I think about it, this person actually changed names in order to avoid getting in trouble at work (I think). So it seems similar, but not the same. Much confusion.

Ginger - glad to hear you aren't going away......

Post 11

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

JTG - this must be my fault. I put up a link to your page for the mystery guest thing, and suddenly you disappear. Didn't mean to do it!

Perhaps you could change your name to JTFG, for John-the-friendly-ghost....

Post 12

Jim Lynn

Well. I turn my back for a moment and look what happens.

John, I've vaped the text from your homepage. This is what caused the problem. I'll email you the whole text so you can see if you want to put it back, but I'd be *very* careful what XML you put in. I haven't spotted what's wrong yet, but I might do some tests and see if I can figure out exactly what went wrong.

Post 13

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Look, everyone, he's back! Welcome back to this side of existence, John.

Wow Mr. Lynn, thanks for restoring our dear friend.

Post 14

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Hurrah for Jim! Welcome back John! Good work Fenchurch!

Three cheers for everyone!
*sound of one hand clapping*

Post 15

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Let's all give it up for Frink, who has a nice sounding clap!

Post 16

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Thanks to Bart Simpson, who taught it to me.....

Post 17

Ginger The Feisty

Glad JTG is back - teach him to be an XML-Smartarse though, won't it?
I have consulted with Dastardy Doug and he would love a dastardly fish, one with a black cloak, a black top hat and a black handlebar moustache! Oh and a dastardly laugh too but personally I feel that is asking for far too much!

Post 18

Hi everyone! I'm corporeal, not to mention corpulent, again. Gee! You're all so swell... I don't know what to say.

I owe a big thankyou to Mr. Lynn, who stayed up past his bedtime to put things right. He's terrific, as I'm sure has already been mentioned (but there you have it: an encore).

Big thanks too to my pal Fenchurch, who put me up when my home fell down.

The foolish XML thing was nesting a "footnote" thingy next to another thingy ("small") without a space between. Beware!

As for "one hand clapping": goes back to Whirling-Zen. Monks in their whilring ecstacy would slap each other silly. smiley - bigeyes

Cheers! JTG

Key: Complain about this post