This is the Message Centre for Fenchurch M. Mercury

Possible comprimise with fish

Post 1

MadMunk?¿

Hey, someone just told me that you can add images to your nickname, so you can have your fish on forum postings (sort of) after all!!!!
Just use the IMG SRC tag, specifying the correct height/width. (I'm not sure whether it will work if you don't, try it... smiley - winkeye

Post 2

msmonsy

i was just popping over to ask you how you got your fishie by your user name and low and behold here you are explaining it smiley - bigeyes you must of read my mind! i must try that when i return from my day at the W-word smiley - smiley. thanks for sharing that info, much appreciated.
monshari smiley - fish

Post 3

Shaft

Hey cool!
All I need now is one of Fenchurch's fish!!!

Removed

Post 4

Apostrophe' man

This post has been removed.

Post 5

msmonsy

well, pop on over to her and she will give you one. she just loves making fishies for everyone smiley - smiley. request color and type and she will fill your order for you post haste.
monshari

Post 6

Jim Lynn

Sorry, guys, won't work anymore. After all, if you can do that, you can set a really stupid fontsize, or a really huge picture and completely ruin formatting in forums etc. (not to mention vastly increase the time it takes to download - as if it's not slow enough already).

Nice idea, though. smiley - smiley

Post 7

MadMunk?¿

Oh well, it was good while it lasted.....
I see your point though. and really your right not to allow it, even if it does ruin my fun.... smiley - winkeye

Post 8

msmonsy

well shucks!! smiley - sadface
oh well, i guess Jim does have a point there, i mean if we could be trusted not to abuse it then maybe, but we cannot take the chance that someone might do something outragious with it and cause problems. guess we will have to live with keeping the cute fishies in their home on our pages smiley - smiley.

Post 9

Fenchurch M. Mercury

No, I'm sure Jim isn't into special treatment... even from the extremely special people who think he is really wonderful... godlike, really... not even if those people were to send him several millions in unmarked dollars/pounds... right? smiley - winkeye

Post 10

msmonsy

no jim would never ever do that now would hesmiley - winkeye

Post 11

Jim Lynn

must... resist... flattery...
am... not... really... godlike...

Phew! That was close.

Post 12

Fenchurch M. Mercury

*singsong voice*

godlike.... celestial.... utterly divine in his power... wwoooo!!!

*waves hands around manically*

Ahem...I'll be getting back to my Jim Lynn shrine of goodness now. smiley - winkeye

Post 13

Sparrow Hawk

hmmm... I think I have an idea, but I need your help Jim Lynn.
Why don't you copy all of Fenchurch M. Mercury's fish onto a H2G2 server, then create a new XML tag like which would call the fish graphic that matches the name of the person typing the entry.
That way anytime we wanted to use our Official H2G2 Fish(created by Fenchurch) we could just type and you don't have to worry about the server lag for large graphics, because they'll all be fish-size.

Post 14

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Hmm...good idea, but Fenchurch has a few problems-

1) Fish-size varies anywhere from 30 x 14 to 37 x 20, they're all small, but "fish-size" isn't always the same, and more imporantly,

2) Fenchurch has a job and... okay, well animals to take care of. And classes next semester. Lots of people are already upset with Fenchurch's h2g2-induced paleness. Fenchurch wouldn't be able to make the huge amounts of fish desired by the innumberable (okay, so they're ALL numbered) h2g2 public unless she ceases to do all those things, unless they go back to simple stuff, like "red with the letter Y" as opposed to the most popular type of response, "A jacket at gun and would a cigarette be hard?" smiley - winkeye. Unless Fenchurch could get together a band of fishmongers.

3) Shim will have a renewed need to kill Fenchurch. smiley - smiley

Post 15

Sparrow Hawk

hmmm.. well I wasn't trying to force you to work more, the powers that can simply have to use the graphics that are already on your fish page.

You can always close down the fish-making buisness, but I can't advise anything about Shim. Maybe re-direct him to me when he comes around, I'm harder to find ;}

Post 16

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Yah, but then people would feel bad, and I don't want that. It would be cool though... I can just imagine Fenchurch the Royal showing up... *sigh*...

Are you sure about Shim? I hear he can be dangerous...

Post 17

Jim Lynn

So you're not forcing Fenchurch to work more, but you are forcing us to work more. Gee, thanks. smiley - smiley

Post 18

Sparrow Hawk

I'd do it if I could...

You could always e-mail me the code you're using, let me edit it so that this trick would work, and implement it when I send the code back.

'Course that would only be after everyone agrees...

Post 19

Fenchurch M. Mercury

I agree! Oh wait....you weren't referring to me, were you?

Post 20

Sparrow Hawk

Well, actually I was, they're all your fish and it wouldn't be right for someone to do something like this without you agreeing to it ;}

The people at H2G2 also have to agree though.. and most people I know are very reluctent about letting people see their code.

BTW, I LOVE my new fish!! He's swiming around on my page now. And if someone is fast enough to catch him he'll be nice enough to show them your Famous Fish page ;}

Key: Complain about this post