A Conversation for "The Orchard" - the h2g2 Mac Users' Group!

Hey!

Post 1

turvy (Fetch me my trousers Geoffrey...)

Hi All

We've made the front page!

t.smiley - bubbly

Hey!

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

smiley - coolsmiley - cheers

Hey!

Post 3

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Yesterday my iMac shut down and also went to sleep a few times. I'm thinking overheating/the logic board?

Any idea how much a repair might cost if becomes a problem? It's been fine today.

Hey!

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I seem to remember Leaping Badger posting a link to a site that did fixed-price repairs depending on the model of your Mac - what model is yours? I don't know where the link is, but I'll head off and have a look for it next time I'm on. smiley - geeksmiley - run

Hey!

Post 5

smiley - run

A bit of Googling found this place: http://www.diycomputers.org.uk/piknfix.htm (Sorry about the colours... smiley - artistsmiley - headhurts)

They claim they'll fix any Mac for £85 + parts, including collection from and delivery back to your door. It's not the one that was originally recommended to me, and I haven't tried them myself, but it sounds like a fair deal as long as they don't gouge you on the parts pricing. smiley - geek

Key: Complain about this post