A Conversation for "The Orchard" - the h2g2 Mac Users' Group!

HOW DO I LOVE THEE... let me count the ways... what do you love about your mac?

Post 41

Websailor

A sense of humour is one of the nicest things about Macs. Live mine to bits

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 42

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
yes mine is a little darlin smiley - smiley

Post 43

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

I have moved on from my G3 iBook (which sadly died in january) to a MacBook Pro Its soooooooo shiny, it makes me smiley - biggrin every time i use it. Im discovering new things it can do all the time, and now i can synch my iPod to it smiley - biggrin

minismiley - mouse

Post 44

Websailor

Enjoy it smiley - smiley

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 45

clare

smiley - space
Hello smiley - smiley I just discovered something about my Mac OS 10.6.8 (not sure which cat it is)
Maybe you all already know this?

I screen shot a web page and then edited it for the relevant material, copied it and opened it as "new from clipboard" in Preview and saved it as a jpeg.

Then I went to my ebay message center and uploaded the jpeg to the group of pictures i had submitted in a case i have going there.

Here's the thing - I left and went elsewhere on the web and then came back later and opened that jpeg in my ebay area and it had become ACTIVE ie it was scrollable and interactive - a hypertext jpeg?

I went back to my saved jpeg on my desktop, the one I had uploaded to ebay, and it was as dead and static and not hypertexty - just as it was when I saved it.

So what I am I missing here? What am I doing or is it a function of ebay or a function of my OS or WHAT?!
If I need it again, this function, I certainly would like to know what I did, if anything, to make it happen.

Whatever it is I do love it smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more