This is the Message Centre for julyflower

July Flowers

Post 1

Reality Manipulator

It was very nice to see you at the London Mini Meet-up. I was born in July and I think my birth flower is a rose.

JA smiley - wizard

July Flowers

Post 2

julyflower

Hello JA (my first two initial are JA in RL)

It was very nice to see you too, I did not realise you were going to leave so early, or I would have come over and chatted to you, actually I left not that long after you....

I have been told my birthflower is a carnation, I'm a Sagittarian..

A certain smiley - pirate has said photos may be posted this weekend!!

I'm away for 10 days from tomorrow - no H2G2 for a week smiley - cry

take care ...its going to get COLD smiley - reindeer

July Flowers

Post 3

Reality Manipulator

smiley - ta both my Mother and my Sister are Sagitturain. I like the idea of it getting colder as long it is a dry cold, ie frost or snow. I do not look good when photographed.

JA smiley - wizard

July Flowers

Post 4

julyflower

Hi JA

I can't believe its been 5 weeks since I visited H2G2, first I was in the Maldives smiley - fishsmiley - orangefish for a week then getting ready for Xmas now back at work with so many people off sick its hectic smiley - silly

I expect you saw the photos by now? they were smiley - ok !

We escaped the snow but its horribly icy everywhere

smiley - hug
smiley - rose

July Flowers

Post 5

Reality Manipulator

No I have not seen the photos yet as I do not know where they are? Is in the h2g2 post?

The Maldives islands are very beautiful.

Still got large parts of Grays with hard, slippery frost and they are still have not had grit on them.

I hope you enjoyed your holidays.

JA

July Flowers

Post 6

julyflower

A smiley - pirate showed me some photos which I thought were posted, I'm sure they will be when smiley - pirate returns from travels on the 7 seas

Maldives are very nice yes but a 10 minute stroll takes you round the island, you hve to like swimming - and there wasn't much sun to sunbathe... I did read 5 books though...wanted to play darts but there was one mangy dart...but I'm not complaining...could have stayed a while longer!

smiley - rose

July Flowers

Post 7

Reality Manipulator

smiley - tasmiley - smiley I am not much of a sunbather, the longest time I ever sunbathed for was 5 minutes (during the 76 0r 77 heatwave) & then I gave up because I found it very boring. smiley - ok I prefer swimming to sun bathing & going around the beaches collecting the pebbles and shells. I once a found an unopened bottle of mustard washed on the the beach on Walton-on-Naze. The furthest I have been to is the Italian Riveria and Israel.

JA

July Flowers

Post 8

julyflower

I remember the good old summer of 1976, doing my finals in the heatwave smiley - towel

I've been to Eilat twice plus the Dead Sea - hope to go back to Israel one day, did you like it?

July Flowers

Post 9

Reality Manipulator

Yes I really liked, it was a total different experience. The weather was just right as it was neither too hot or too cold. I had visited Galilee, Jerusalem, Bethany, Joppa, Bethlehemn, Jericho and the Dead Sea/Massada. When I went into the Dea Sea sulphur baths. To this day since 1987 I still can remember the smell of the sulphur.

JA

July Flowers

Post 10

julyflower

Well I was silly and forgot to take anything to wear on my feet but was determined to get into the sea as I knew I would never go that way again probably, it was the sharpest thing I have ever walked on, agony agony

smiley - silly

then I lay and floated and dreaded walking (crawling!) back again over the salt crystals

July Flowers

Post 11

Reality Manipulator

smiley - smiley I did the same thing! I thought the sand would be soft but it was hard and gritty around Masada. I did not float in the Dead Sea, I sunk!smiley - smiley

JA

July Flowers

Post 12

julyflower

How do your spend your time when you are not apprenticing to be a Jedi?

smiley - biggrin

July Flowers

Post 13

Reality Manipulator

I am a carer to my elderly parents and my older disabled sister.

JA

July Flowers

Post 14

julyflower

That sounds as though it must be very hard and demanding on you. Do you get any time for yourself, to go out sometimes?? smiley - disco

I hope so!

smiley - hug

July Flowers

Post 15

Reality Manipulator

<ok<When I am on here via the tv digibox or at the library internet service. My sister will be arranging so that my mam, my sister & me will be going to Tai-Chi classes.

JA

July Flowers

Post 16

julyflower

Tai-chi sounds good, I do salsa and I really enjoy it, its good exercise plus I have made some good friends there.
And its tonight!

smiley - biggrin

July Flowers

Post 17

Reality Manipulator

smiley - taIs Salsa a form of Latin American dancing? I got some books out about Latin American dancing with its illustrations of the basic moves.

JA

July Flowers

Post 18

julyflower

I believe they do salsa in several Latin American countries and there are different types I think, we do the type where people step on your feet a lot! Someone stepped backwards onto my foot on Monday night and I could hardly walk on Tuesday. Half of the lesson they teach you moves you do on your own (shines) and the second half is partner work, each lesson is divided up into 4 classes and you are supposed to progress gradually as you are ready. So far I'm in the 3rd partner class, just, but I plan to stay there! I love the music which helps. We went once to a salsa class in Ealing, it was great to watch people dancing who were really good natural dancers not stiff and wooden like most of us !

How has the weather been with you, my office is deserted today, after a blizzard yesterday which caught out most of the people in my office who were taking until about 10-11 pm to get home poor things, I only walk and it takes me 5 minutes but I hate walking in the ice.smiley - snowman

Did you go to the London meetup, I started reading about it and it sounded good, actually I had trouble logging in here all week, it was asking for my login and password which of course I had forgotten smiley - doh

take care and keep warm smiley - hug
smiley - rose

July Flowers

Post 19

Reality Manipulator

smiley - oksmiley - tasmiley - cheers It is warmer than yesterday but still cold. Even though the snow has mostly gone I still managed to slip but thank goodness I did not fall. The council are very reluctant at putting out grit. At least at the area around our flats we managed to have it gritted except the car park. It was the same over here yesteday and I stayed and you could not see anything out of the window as the snow was coming down heavily. I think that happened between 2 or 3 times.

Yes I went to the London meet all I have to do is go to the library and then print the photos off. I do this because as I digibox user I cannot access the site. Anyway as I forget to take film with my camera I will at least have some hard copies which I can show my family of what it was like.

JA

July Flowers

Post 20

julyflower

All the snow is gone now and its hard to believe it was so bad such a short time ago. My daughter was thrilled because her school closed, actually I belive all the schools in the county were shut! She went tobogganing with lots of friends. Most of them seemed to end up back at my house, dripping everywhere plus soggy socks and gloves.

I am terrified of walking on ice and wear huge great clodhoppers which I then change when I get here!

You were lucky not to hurt yourself, my colleague fell and dislocated her wrist, it must have been 3-4 weeks ago and is off at least another 2 weeks. She fell in her garden so she can't sue anyone!

smiley - zen

smiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post