This is the Message Centre for Saturnine

2 years here!

Post 1

Saturnine

I'm never quite sure when my h2g2 anniversary is, but I know that it's somewhere around the end of January - there is always a gap between registering and making the personal space.

So...join me for a beverage...

smiley - magicsmiley - bubblysmiley - divasmiley - star2 YEARS HERE!smiley - starsmiley - divasmiley - bubblysmiley - magic

2 years here!

Post 2

SEF

There's sometimes a gap between starting to register (being allocated a U-number) and that being acknowledged, eg by an email. The necessity for an email has come and gone at various points in the site's history. From collecting the available NewUser information, eg at midnight by number of days and then messing with hours to refine that and other means, I reckon you joined a little before 10pm on 26th Jan 2002.

2 years here!

Post 3

Saturnine

smiley - biggrin I guessed around that time - of course, remember that I was also a Telewest digibox user, so that still might be off by a few days. That's why I celebrate it on or around the last day of January.

So, SEF, crack open the smiley - bubbly!

2 years here!

Post 4

Researcher 178815

I can't remember when I first registered in terms of days, but oddly enough I remember it was around 7pm. Or was that the time I actually looked up from the screen and realised how long I'd been Hootooing? smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheerssmiley - ok

2 years here!

Post 5

SEF

I've got you down as about 3pm on 3rd June 2001.

2 years here!

Post 6

Researcher 178815

On /this/ account. I re-registered. It's somewhere around May of 2001, I think. Mina worked that out for me a while ago. smiley - smiley

2 years here!

Post 7

SEF

There are lots of people with "aka" in their names if you were calling yourself that then. U177402 is one possibility. It's odd the number of people who lost accounts and re-registered (sometimes many times) as well as all those doing it on purpose.

2 years here!

Post 8

Researcher 178815

It's one of the reasons I want to change my h2g2 nickname -- but I've heard protest from one or two people who like it as it is. smiley - erm

*brings food*

2 years here!

Post 9

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

*brings smiley - stoutsmiley - erm Times must be hard... there ain't no smiley - redwinesmiley - bubbly in the house smiley - ermsmiley - biggrinsmiley - stout Can't remember when I joined... some time around 1901 I think smiley - winkeyesmiley - biggrinsmiley - cool happy 2nd Birthday smiley - biggrinsmiley - disco

2 years here!

Post 10

SEF

That account is showing as a little before 2am on 22 March 2001.

2 years here!

Post 11

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bigeyes What, mine? smiley - bigeyes what on smiley - earth was I doing up at such a late hour smiley - erm Of course it was my second account...

2 years here!

Post 12

Saturnine

aka - Well, we know you have a new nickname now, don't we? smiley - evilgrin

2 years here!

Post 13

Researcher 178815

I don't know -- I think it lacks meaning on h2g2. Ambiguous.
Though I added it subtly to my current nickname. smiley - smiley

2 years here!

Post 14

Saturnine

smiley - rofl

Hilarious! I only just realised!

2 years here!

Post 15

Researcher 178815

AND it took me 7 times to realise what Charset h2g2 used (Which affects whether the character you want shows as the TM sign, or a "?".)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Saturnine

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more