A Conversation for Talking Point: What's the Silliest Thing...

Silly? Just plain dumb

Post 1

Brandy Bottle (1+7+8+0!+0!+4! = 42)

One winter (many years ago when I was young & foolish - now I'm old & foolish) I stopped at a gas station to fill up. Afterwards drove a block & car stalled. Called a tow truck then headed off to work while repairs were done. Got a call later in the day - we just pumped 13 gallons of water out of your gas tank.
Apparently the gas station's tank had a leak & melting snow had seeped in - I din't have a receipt so was out of luck & out of pocket. The most expense fill-up I ever had

Something just as silly but far less expensive that caused considerable hilarity among my co-workers: previous user of super glue had not replaced pin in tube. When I tried opening it there was no flow at first & then a super squirt that covered most of my hand - first three fingers glued together & couldn't pull them apart. Took gallons of water & a couple of hours of careful manipulation before I was finally able to separate my digits. Didn't touch crazy glue again for at least 10 years

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more