This is the Message Centre for GULLIVER

heyhoo!

Post 1

Cardinal Noah (is now back!!!)

heyhoo and welcome to h2g2! i'm an ACE and here to say a howdyhoo! here it is: howdyhooooooooooooooo! smiley - biggrin
h2g2 can seem a huge and intimidating place at first, but you'll get used to it smiley - erm (smiley - winkeye)
if you have any questions, just ask me!
p.s, click the facesmiley - cool

heyhoo!

Post 2

GULLIVER

HI THERE (ITHINK IT`S LIZZY) JUST ONE QUESTION FOR NOW
HOW WOULD I DELETE UNWANTED MSGS FROM MY SPACE???
AND WHERE DO PEOPLE GO TO CHAT AND MEET OTHERS ON HERE??
THATS TWO QUESTIONS I KNOW BUT I NEVER BEEN GOOD WITH NUMBERS..HAHAHAHA
DROP IN FOR A CHAT AND BREW <(_)
ANYTIME..TTFN..MARC(THATS ME!!)

heyhoo!

Post 3

taliesin

Hi Gulliver smiley - smiley

To 'remove' unwanted messages from your space you can simply click the 'unsubscribe' hyperlink under the title of the conversation subject.

Messages that have been posted to your space cannot be removed, except by special request to the site administrators, affectionately referred to as 'the Towers', or the 'italics'..

Unless a message is particularly objectionable to you, just leave it alone, and soon it will effectively vanish, hidden behind the reams of newer messages you receive..

There are plenty good places to chat and meet others here, mon!

Try out some of the links found here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A616718

And if you click the 'talk' button, you will no doubt find many more links to interesting and informative hot spots...

And if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask anyone you come across on site.. we're all mostly harmless....

BTW, try not to use all caps when posting.. it is kind of like 'shouting,'... smiley - smiley

Tal

smiley - peacesign

heyhoo!

Post 4

ooo dear smiley - sadface i'm very sorry i didn't reply sooner! my excuse is that i'm ill smiley - blue
but ne'moind, basically, what 'e said smiley - winkeye
anyhoo, how's you?

heyhoo!

Post 5

GULLIVER

I`m not to bad i`m glad to see some one i know on here but sorry to hear you not been well hope it was nothing serious and that your all better now..i had a try at getting friends with the smileys but i don`t think i have got the right idea yet..any chance of some tuition.?? catch you again soon thanks for being around for me..xxxxxx..Marc

heyhoo!

Post 6

taliesin

Ooo. Sorry you're smiley - ill, Lizzy.. smiley - doctorsmiley - nurse

Have some smiley - choc.. it always works for me!!

Hi GULLIVER

To do smileys in postings and your journal, and in non-GuideML entries, just type the name of the smiley between the < and the > brackets...... like this, < smiley >, but without the spaces -- which I had to put in to prevent the thing from becoming a smiley - smiley

There are some 'shorthand' smiley codes, as well, similar to the ones you may already be familiar with.. : ) without the space becomes smiley - smiley for example..

To learn more about smileys, just click on one anywhere you see one, and you'll be transported to the smiley home smiley - magic

Enjoy!

smiley - peacesign

Tal

heyhoo!

Post 7

someone got there afore me again smiley - winkeye darnnit!
ah well, yup, again, what 'e said!
i've got glandular fever, which isn't fun!
my favourite smileys are < biggrin > and < cool > cos they're just froooooody!

New Researcher name

Post 8

JCB MAN

Hi Lizzy smiley - biggrin hope you have recovered from your
recent illness smiley - blue just wanted to let you know
i have decided to close down this name and move to JCBMAN i wondered if there is some way of letting all those cool smiley - cool dudes who tried to help me know where i am now smiley - blush thanks for all your help and hope to chat to you over there this will be my last posting from here..smiley - sadface
(Pulls out the plug, switches of the lights and locks the door)

New Researcher name

Post 9

i am totally better, thanks! smiley - biggrin
how's you on the noo?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GULLIVER

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more