This is the Message Centre for Gutzilla

Jazz Club - Nice

Post 1

Gutzilla

I live in Nottingham, near Arnold, which has a good jazz scene building up. The heart of this - The Bonnington Theatre, a small place, situated above a local swimming pool. The other evening I went to see Gilad Atzmon and The Orient House Ensemble. The guys are apparently pretty big in the jazz world. They were very good, but the thing that interested me the most about the whole thing was Gilad's improvised stand up routine he performed after every couple of songs.

The guy was hilarious. Now, I know that he has strong political views and he commented a lot on the current war situation. Before the set started he asked the pianist, "has the war finished yet?" Also, later on after a they had finished a song he casually commented, "...the only place where Arabs and Israelis do live peacefully alongside one another seems to be...inside my clarinet."

The man was funny, and his routine reminded me of another jazz performer I saw at the Bonnington, who tried to convince the audience that his cat used to be the king of Boeinia (the cat kingdom), but was exiled for CD piracy.

Eh?

Key: Complain about this post

Jazz Club - Nice

More Conversations for Gutzilla

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more