Shim's Blue Fish

Post 1

Fenchurch M. Mercury

I wish I had a blue fish.
>() is that it?
)<> is that it?
}<> is that it?
>(> is that it?

Well, I have them all written down so if one works, I'll know. damnit, I want the blue fish.

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 2

vegiman:-)

I have tried:
)<> ><<>> >o >O
>0 :<> ;<> |<>
><:> smiley - hsif <:>< smiley - fish>
-<> ~<> >-<> >~<>
><*> ><-> > >

Some put breaks in

No success vegimansmiley - smiley

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 3

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Awww smiley - sadface why?

Why can't we have the blue fish, Veggie???
This is just horrible.
Maybe it's is name...

shim
shimon
Shim
shiM

ARG

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 4

I thought of that. MadMunk TRIED to get it out of shim and got a cryptic answer. (Only if your researchers number is 23). so I tried various combinations using 23 & U23 and many others. I don't think coding has been allocated yet. Well not any that makes sense. All the smileys are based on emoticons - I am stumped

bluefish - needs some serious hacking - beyond me. vegimansmiley - smiley

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 5

Shim

I see subtlety is beyond you.

Let me spell it out.

Only I can make the blue fish. Don't bother trying. It won't work. I know. I wrote the forum code to put it there.

Clear?

smiley - fish

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 6

OK It is going to be your own personal trade mark. I bet someone will eventually find your cryptic key controls. It's cool, we'll just have to make do with it on user pages. all the best vegimansmiley - smiley

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 7

MadMunk?¿

Spoil sport. :-Þ

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 8

JediSlider

*sniffle*

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 9

beeline

OK folks - when you post to a thread, the cgi script looks through the posting text for smiley - fish and replaces it with smiley - fish. If the user happens to have userID 23 (i.e. only Shim), it replaces it with [bluefish] instead.

We can't do it. Only Shim. There's no fancy key combination or anything, so don't bother looking for it!

That's what it sounds like anyway. smiley - winkeye

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 10

beeline

Hmmm how annoying; the Preview button turns &gt&lt&gt back into text before you get to post, which then appears as smiley - fish when you wanted it to appear as &gt&lt&gt. Should have spotted that!

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 11

wingpig

How can the rest of us set up things like the blue fish? If we have a small image on a public-access site somewhere, can we have the opportunity to set up a personal 3-character code thing to reference it? I can understand that IMG SRC would be a bad idea for the forums - someone might feel the need to put in a vast and slow-to-load picture to irritate people who are already irritated by forums taking ages to load up fully.
Copying the blue fish and pasting the clipboard into a text editor reveals nothing. Viewing the page source does nothing as all the forum stuff is framed. We'll have to wait for one of Shim's colleagues to leak the details of the blue fish or (more fun) to remove the blue fish from the h2g2 servers. Then we'd see nothin but the code used to reference it. Ha. Please, someone?

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 12

MadMunk?¿

Even if we knew the code Shim uses to filter all his > < > into blue fish, we wouldn't be able to upload it to the main servers anyway, and I doubt it would run of a user page, so the chances are, knowing the code wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. That's what I think anyway....smiley - fish

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 13

wingpig

Hmmm. Some of SHium's older postings feature the fish, implying that the code is as that for f_fish.gif - one's Shim-ness must be the decisive factor in turning the fish blue. One day, though, I shall have a fish of my own. It will be brown.

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 14

MadMunk?¿

I'm going for a distinctly green fish. smiley - fish

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 15

JediSlider

Oh yes. But the coolest color fish would other be magenta, or blue-green.

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 16

MadMunk?¿

Hey, my two favourite colours. I want my own fish!!!! It's not fair!!!

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 17

JediSlider

Yeah!! smiley - sadface Hey, maybe on the first anniversary of H2G2's opening, they'll have a contest and give a few people fish. I like dreaming.

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 18

MadMunk?¿

I sure hope so, but i don't know if i can wait that long.....

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 19

MadMunk?¿

We're on busiest forums. Woohoo!!! smiley - bigeyes

Shim's Blue Fish

Post 20

Fenchurch M. Mercury

And I wasn't even here to see my own user journal on the busiest forums?!?!

I want a purple fish. Pretty. smiley - smiley

And hi to everyone I haven't spoken to yet, I'm Fenchurch, nice to meet you.

smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Fenchurch M. Mercury

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more