This is the Message Centre for Hullabaloo's Fan Club

From Parnassus

Post 1

The Artist formerly known as Hullabaloo

Dear Fans, Followers, Friendssmiley - rosesmiley - rose

This is an occasional thread for messages, remarks, announcemebnts, pronouncemenrs and further marvels from my humble, modest, yet outrageously talented self.smiley - blush

This does not mean that you can't join in, though. Cointributions welcome.smiley - smileysmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rose

Graciously,

Hullabaloo, Poet and Tragediansmiley - artistsmiley - rose

From Parnassus

Post 2

My Dear, Dear Friendssmiley - crysmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rose

You may be wondering why I haven't posted a poem recently in my Journal. In a way, this may mean I've been letting you down a bitsmiley - crysmiley - wah (Sorry, Great Poets such as I are so sensitive).

This was not due to any problems with my creativity. It was because I was loth to send the masterpiece 'Ducks' tumbling off the main page into the Plutonian smiley - planet depths of the back-catalogue known as 'Click here to see Further Journal Entries'.

I'm personally greatly fond of the poem, although it's not strictly a vogon one, being more of the ilk of The Immortal - sorry, Mortal, Miss Jennings.

So I've opened a new page, tentatively called 'Vogons and Others - A Hullabaloo Special Collection' to accommodate both it and future mind-bogglingly stunningly brilliant contributions to the Advance of Literature. You can find it at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A660467

Gratuitously,

Hullabaloo, Poet and Tragediansmiley - artist

From Parnassus

Post 3

smiley - roseBeth, my Muse, my Divine Inspirationsmiley - rose, has suggested that I should write a masterpiece for smiley - hollyChristmassmiley - holly later on. What a treat for us all to look forward to!

Hullsmiley - artist

From Parnassus

Post 4

For now, though, there's Take A Vogon To Your Heart on the home page.

Just to clarify - life-forms of four dimensions or more includes us and those around us. As that (rather too for his own good) bright youngster Albert Einstein pointed out , we live in four dimensions - length, breadth, height, (the three dimensions of space), and the fourth dimension - time.

If you want to know more about this, ask Sal!

Gracefully,smiley - rose

Hullabaloo, Poet and Tragediansmiley - artist

From Parnassus

Post 5

shazzPRME

Most gracious smiley - artist Hullabaloo smiley - smiley

I will also, when I have time, create an archive of your poems for the use of Post readers... stay tuned! smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - magic

From Parnassus

Post 6

Dearest Shazz,

I'm overwhelmed that a humble poet like myselfsmiley - blush should be so honoured by one of (the best of) the Great and the Good of h2g2smiley - magic

Hullsmiley - artist

ps. ta muchlysmiley - cheers

From Parnassus

Post 7

Hullabaloo's Fan Club

Love the new poem Hull. It's deeply touching. I'm certainly touched. Quite extraordinary. That's the thing about art though, isn't it? Nature could never come up with something so ummmm ... artistic smiley - winkeye Can't wait for the Christmas poem!

I had a little idea when I was awol last week. How about starting a "spot the poem/poet" thread. We can find a couple of suitably Vogon/Jennings-like lines from a well-known (or at least relatively well-known poem) and see if anyone can work out what poem they come from. What do you think?

Sal smiley - smiley

From Parnassus

Post 8

Dear Salsmiley - rosesmiley - rose

Thanks for your extremely well-founded remarks about me latest masterpiece. You should be congratulated on your extreme taste and sympathysmiley - ok

Everyone (or so it seems) is waiting for a Christmas epic from me. I should know better, but my extreme sensitivity warns me to hope it's not a turkey.

I think your idea for the 'guess the poet' theme is greatsmiley - ok as long as it's not made too difficult. An easier option might be simply to choose and present duff stuff from Great Names and see who can find the most ridiculous example, (but this might not be so interesting). I'll leave this up to you. It's a Fans' site, not my site after all.

One thing that may be missing is a general chat site. Your 'Welcome Fans of Hullabaloo' seemed promising at first for this, but perhaps a more clearly labelled site is needed? It would need a topic to start it off though.

Hope you're OKsmiley - ok

Your resident h2g2 Poetic Genius,

Hullabaloosmiley - artist

From Parnassus

Post 9

O Wondrous Salsmiley - angelsmiley - rose

On second thoughts we could perhaps leave the chat idea for now, do you think, and let chats emerge where and when they will, like now? I'm not really sure, genius though I amsmiley - artist

Hullsmiley - artist

From Parnassus

Post 10

Hullabaloo's Fan Club

Ok Hull smiley - artist, I've started the game thread. Bet you'll know the answer to the first one straight away.

A general chat thread might be a good idea but perhaps it would be better to leave it till there are a few more fans. Then again, when you've worked your charms on a few more discerning poetry lovers, maybe a specific chat thread won't seem necessary smiley - cool

Sal smiley - smiley

From Parnassus

Post 11

O BEAUTEOUS SAL AND HEAVENLY BETHsmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - stiffdrink

Just condescending to let you know I'm missing you while you're away and on my knees praying to Above that you'll be backwards with us soon.

Your devoted

Hullabaloo, Poet and Tragedian,smiley - artistsmiley - santa

From Parnassus

Post 12

Greetings everybody, and a Happy New Year from Parnassus.

Those of you who may wish to improve themselves might be well advised to look at the Hullabaloo Myspace regularly, where new masterpieces are appearing again. Sensitive appreciation would be gratuitously appreciated.

Graciously,

Hullabaloo, Poet and Tragedian smiley - artist

From Parnassus

Post 13

shazzPRME

I do my dear friend smiley - artist

I will be duly availing myself of your wonderful poetry for the next edition of TP smiley - ok

Sorry about my rather infrequent visits... time seems to be in short supply at the moment, sadly.

shazz smiley - magicsmiley - holly

From Parnassus

Post 14

shazzPRME

I will use the Christmas tragedy one for this week and the wandrin smiley - star the following. I would rather like to try and hang onto the Love poem for use around Valentines Day... sentimental old fool I am! smiley - winkeyesmiley - rose

I am being very good and keeping up with the archives at TP btw smiley - cheerupsmiley - artist

shazz smiley - magicsmiley - holly

From Parnassus

Post 15

Thanks for your messages, and thanks generally, shazzsmiley - magicsmiley - ok

Looking forward to TP this week, and to seeing you again when you can make it,

Graciously,

Hullsmiley - artistsmiley - cheers

From Parnassus

Post 16

My Dear Friends,smiley - rose

smiley - wowYAY!! I've just had confirmation of my true vocation from the Sirius Cybernetics Genuine People Personalitor!!!smiley - wow

It said this:

"Joy. Life brings you deep, deep joy. The mere act of existence sends shivers of pleasure running down your spine. The simplest acts give you the kind of ecstatic pleasure that would make normal individuals explode.

Sirius Cybernetics Corporation feels that your personality would be ideally suited to being a Door."

YAY!!! (as the young folks say). That's saved years of therapy, that has. smiley - magic

It's at http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/quiz/
Go on, try it - an' let us know the result! Share and Enjoy!

Hullabaloo: Poet, Tragedian and Door smiley - artistsmiley - rose

From Parnassus

Post 17

shazzPRME

A door? You must be a real swinger then Hullsmiley - artistsmiley - winkeyesmiley - rose

shazz smiley - magic

From Parnassus

Post 18

Beth

Oh dear! I also tried the Sirius Cybernetics Corp. personality quiz.

I'm told that most people despise me as I have absolutely no concept of when to keep my mouth shut. They say I'm ideally suited to being a Shipboard Computer.

smiley - wahsmiley - wah I wanna be a door!

Beth

From Parnassus

Post 19

smiley - musicalnotesmiley - biggrinOoh...I'm the King of the Swingers, the Jungle V.I.P...smiley - biggrinsmiley - musicalnote

'Balou in the Jungle Book! smiley - smiley

Don't you just ADORE a door?smiley - winkeyesmiley - biggrin

But are you holdin' out on us shazzsmiley - magic. have you tried the test yet? What did it say?

Share and Enjoy!

'Baloo: Poet, Tragedian and Doorsmiley - artistsmiley - smiley

From Parnassus

Post 20

shazzPRME

Here you go Hull smiley - artistsmiley - kiss

'You are perky, chipper, and always ready to help out with advice in a crisis. You will do anything to make your friend's lives easier, but tend not to prioritise tasks well. Most people despise you, as you have absolutely no concept of when to keep your mouth shut.

Sirius Cybernetics Corporation feels that your personality would be ideally suited to being a Shipboard Computer.'

smiley - laugh

I always knew I was a computer really! smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post