This is the Message Centre for Someone New.... ish

Ooo, a mystery!

Post 1

Peta

So who are you mystery Researcher? Do I get any clues? smiley - smiley

Ooo, a mystery!

Post 2

Someone New.... ish

Not surprisingly Peta, there's a hell of a lot of clues out there! They just seem to drop my fingers everytime I type! Ach well, its still nice to be able to get to meet new people, which my original persona didnt seem to be doing. Its positively a breath of fresh air smiley - smiley

hmm. You still want a clue? smiley - winkeye I have met you personally quite a few times - even outwith meetups... smiley - monster

Ooo, a mystery!

Post 3

Peta

Got it! smiley - winkeye

*Shhhh!*

Ooo, a mystery!

Post 4

Someone New.... ish

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F44984?thread=148918 *Then she wonders if she's allowed to type an internal link...* Ah well, Peta, you'll tell me if not!

Ooo, a mystery!

Post 5

Peta

Yes, an internal link is fine. smiley - smiley

Oh god, I'm sorry about the house. You've really been going through it haven't you? Parents. They try to be well-meaning but sometimes they're not. I know exactly where you are coming from. I'm in a relationship that my parents totally disapprove of. The guy makes me very, very happy and I don't want to lose that, so I'm not going to. My mother has totally stopped talking to me, even if I go to her house and speak directly to her, just something nice and friendly, like 'hello, how are you?' she just ignores me and looks through me like I'm not there. I decided that I was going to do what makes me happy. I'm not prepared to base my life on seeking the approval of my parents, especially if they're going to use emotional blackmail to influence me and if they're going to judge the situation by what they consider to be *right* rather than what makes me genuinely happy.

You only have one life, do what makes *you* happy. Others can't know. If you left DD, how do you know that they'd like your next partner? Only you can decide for you. It's difficult I know; everyone wants their parents to love their partner as much as they do, but sometimes it's just not possible. Maybe they'll come round in the end or maybe not. I expect my mother never will, but then that's her loss - she's lost me and she'll never know my partner.

Take care, yes? Look after yourself and 'him indoors'. I hope next year is better for you both... smiley - hug

Ooo, a mystery!

Post 6

Someone New.... ish

Oh yes hon, you name it, it seems to be happening to us at the moment! Ah well, there will be an end to the tunnel, soon I hope.

smiley - hug I didnt realise your situation, I think I'd have come to you for a natter before now if I did. Its sad, but I am glad to know that I'm not the only one in a similar situation. You would think that if someone makes you happy parents wouldnt stand in the way... How I wish that were true. I cant appreciate what it must be to have your mother treat you like that, and hopefully I never will, but my heart goes out to you Peta. Take care of yourself honey.

Love, L

Ooo, a mystery!

Post 7

Peta

Thanks! smiley - hug

Hey, you can choose your friends but not your parents! I hope yours change their minds, maybe they will when they know that you really are serious about him? I hope so... smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Someone New.... ish

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more