This is the Message Centre for AlienTourist

Take a sad song and make it better

Post 1

AlienTourist

smiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnote
Picture this-
2 am Saturday night, 20 people gathered in the living room of a north London flat, piano in the corner. Everyone is friendly, stylishly dressed and quite drunk, some in costumes. Someone plays "Hey Jude" and "Let it Be" on the piano. In unison and with big smiles on our faces, we all sing along. The neighbors must be able to hear us but no one comes to complain because they don't want to spoil it.

It was one of those magic moments that makes me really appreciate living here, and a perfect snapshot during a great night. I wish I could have bottled it and shown it to people later on just so I could get across how much fun it was.

Post 2

purplejenny

Hey you!

It was a very cool nite wunnit?

I see you signed up to the meetup... he-he-hee. It'll be another night of much fun and much booze smiley - biggrin

smiley - cheers

pj

Post 3

AlienTourist

smiley - martiansmile You found me!
Have a smiley - rose and a smiley - ale. Did you finish the smiley - pumpkin and smiley - cake?
Yep I signed up for the meet. And you? I take it you've been before... Fun, I assume.

Post 4

purplejenny

Yep, we finished almost all the food now - but theres still some of my mums fruit cake left. Viv eats it for breakfast tho' so it won't last much longer... still, you can't have your smiley - cake and eat it as they say, tho' that never made much sense to me

The meets are gr8 fun, if you like being in a pub with a crowd of assorted crazy people. 2legs will get very drunk and wear a loud shirt, the italics will worry about the 16yr olds getting served at the bar, there'll probably be a pub quiz about the finer details of h2g2 and then some more beer. In fact, its mostly come to think of it... certainly the way I do it. It'll be my (I think) 3rd h2g2 meet, so I should know plenty of faces and names there...

pj

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

*breezes through and wonders where peoples have gone smiley - wahsmiley - erm *taps watch smiley - bigeyessmiley - run

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for AlienTourist

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more