A Conversation for Internet Addiction

Those of us who work on the internet

Post 1

Bogie

It's not the internet addicts you should feel sorry for... its those of us who work online... designing websites, conducting meetings, running an online business. We have to look at our screens for 8hours a day, 5-7 days a week, relieving the boredom between emails and FTP with searches for the latest computers and network devices which will make our lives easier.

It's enough to drive you Mad...

MAD I SAY!!!!

ARGH!!!!

Bogie smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye

Post 2

Sam

I know *exactly* what you mean. I sit next to Ashley, and the job's turned him into a complete gibbering wreck. smiley - biggrin

Post 3

Ashley

We won't say what it's done to Sam's dress sense... or Mark's facial hair...

Post 4

Solsbury

mutter, mutter... Web designers want all the glory (and get it) along with the bandwidth smiley - winkeye. What about those who spend the days in darkened machine rooms keeping it all running for you. threading cables through ducts designed for small rodents not a network engineers forarm.
Pah humbug to the lot of you smiley - tongueout

Still does mean you have to test the network is working and H2G2 is an ideal test site as it can be got to from everywhere (mostly). Such is the power of the beeb. (me addicted, never smiley - winkeye)

Post 5

Bogie

I may be a web designer/developer, but I also have to look after our web server and network setup... so I know a thing about delving into tight spaces and getting scratched arms, bumped foreheads and static electric shocks!

I'm just glad that I don't have to work over the Chirstmas vacation. I feel really sorry for the BBCi network bods who have to busy themselves at the time of year when most of us are guzzling too much wine and too many micepies.

Are any of you H2G2 towers staff on duty this seasonal holiday? If so, you have my heartfelt sympathy!!

Bogie

Post 6

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

talking of small spaces: has anyone figured out how to acess the space under the shower tray when something goes wrong?

yeah yeah yeah, topic drift

FABT

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more