This is the Message Centre for Garfield formerly known as Sandmaennchen

Watford

Post 1

Garfield formerly known as Sandmaennchen

I just searched for Watford and could not find anything - so here it goes:

Watford is a town near London and is often mixed up with Watford Gap. It's about as beautiful as Slough and has
the advantage of a great shopping centre called The Harlequin. Families like to go there at weekends to indulge
their kids in Fast Food and themselves in the screaming of loads of other kids.

Watford also has a football club which apparently is quite famous because Elton John had something to do with it.

That's if you like football.

To wrap it up, Watford is brilliant for a family of 1 football hooligan dad and one shopping-mad mum with two kids
who appreciate fast food.

But it's better than Slough.

Watford

Post 2

Drool Frood the Second

Much,much better than Slough!! and has a better Football team too.
But then I come from Northolt!!!

Watford

Post 3

Global Village Idiot

Unelievable! I came here because you wrote about Germany and I work there, to find that you've written about Watford and I'm from there!

You've half pre-empted my article about the town (which centred on the shopping and the football team because, as you obviously know, there's so little else to say). I might publish it anyway.

So, how come you know so much about it?

Watford

Post 4

Global Village Idiot

Oh, I see, you obviously live/work there. Fancy swapping lives and making things simpler? smiley - smiley

Oh, and you're right it's better than Slough. Duesseldorf is better than Slough.

Watford

Post 5

Garfield formerly known as Sandmaennchen

Well, Im not from Duesseldorf, but yes, I am German and have now lived in Watford for 5 years. And I started
appreciating it when I started working near Slough. Watford has it's good points and now causes me to feel a
kind of fondness like the one for an old sock with a hole in it that has seen better days or a ruffled old favourite toy.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Garfield formerly known as Sandmaennchen

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more