This is the Message Centre for Shelley

Motorbike Crash!!

Post 1

Shelley

Going around on the Vauxhall giratory system on a motorbike, with me as a passenger, we slid on a diesel spillage which was about 20 ft long and invisible from the direction we approached it. The bike slid and threw us on our right hand side and went sliding down the road! All I could think of at the moment of impact was that there is going to be a bus or a car or a lorry behind us which will not be able to brake in time and hit us. That, fortunately didn't happen. The shock was immeasurable, though injuries were few. This was Sunday gone. I still am pretty badly bruised up (though at work!)and feeling miserable.

Went to see an osteopath yesterday who suggested I go to casulaty at a hospital to ensure that I didn't have any permanent injuries, i.e. torn ligaments or fractures. I know that I am in pain and am hobbling around, but surely I would know if I had broken/torn siomething!!! I mean do I really want to sit for eternity at a an A & E to be then examined by a spotty faced medic student who doesn't know the difference between paracetamol and ibuprofen! No. So I didn't go and though my whole body hurts at the moemnt, I can't bear the thought of waiting in line with ill and broken people in a sweaty waiting room!!

Key: Complain about this post

Motorbike Crash!!

More Conversations for Shelley

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more