This is the Message Centre for fords - number 1 all over heaven

Looking forward to the future

Post 1

fords - number 1 all over heaven

My life changed forever the day I joined h2g2; I have met most of my closest friends here and I also ended up married to a fellow researcher. h2g2 therefore holds many memories for me and this incarnation will always hold a place in my heart. As sad as I am that the BBC is letting h2g2 go, I'm also very excited about its new home and think we have given our wonderful community a new lease of life.

I've also been asked if I'd like to be a Guru, which I have accepted, so if any of you 'orrible lot get stuck with the new site just give me a poke smiley - biggrin

So long BBC servers, and thanks for all the fish smiley - towelsmiley - pggb

Post 2

I'm not really here

Not so lucky to find my life partner here, but I did get a job which meant I could buy a house. Something I never in a million years thought I'd do. and nearly a decade later, I've managed to hang on to it! More than I did any fella. smiley - bigeyes

Post 3

You're welcome to mine - he snores smiley - tongueout

Post 4

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I remember hoping from thread to thread, not knowing what I was doing or where I was going... smiley - shrug

Then I found a lovely friendly conversation going on in what turned out to be Serephina's journal. You both chatted with me for a long time, and I've never forgotten your friendship to a complete stranger.

Now look where I am!.. Thank you! smiley - smoochsmiley - hug

Post 5

Glad to be of service! And I'm happy you stuck around smiley - biggrin

Post 6

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - magic

Post 7

Vestboy

Has anyone seen the hatstand? I don't need to wear my Aussie hat here and the corks keep getting caught in the keyboard.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for fords - number 1 all over heaven

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more