This is the Message Centre for fords - number 1 all over heaven

Customer services

Post 1

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Is it just me, or is it really bad form for my ISP to ignore what I'm saying in emails to them and constantly tell me to phone them up? I told them if they didn't start paying attention I would report them to OFCOM and the ISPA for not listening to me but I don't think they've even noticed I said that smiley - headhurts

Customer services

Post 2

Baron Grim

Uhhmm... then I think your path is clear.

(I know not what those acronyms stand for, but they sound official... do it, fight the power!)

Customer services

Post 3

I'm not really here

Seems like standard service to me, but of course that doesn't mean it's right!

Customer services

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Do it... all customer service people will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes... especially those at Scottish Power, NTL, Virgin Media, and ... smiley - ermsmiley - whistle But that isn't a reason to not give them a hard time now... they deserve it... smiley - grr

Customer services

Post 5

They're doing my friggin head in! All I want to do is close my broadband account, which should have been done a month ago, and claim back one month's worth of charges due to them offering me three months free a while back. Now they're trying to say I haven't told them anything and they have no record of any goodwill gesture, despite me having two of their own reference numbers smiley - steam

And to cap it all, they phoned me a wee while back asking me to sign on for another 12 months. When I said I was in the process of leaving them because they sucked, the guy replied that they were still the best for speed and reliability. When I replied "you're not, that's why I'm leaving" he wasn't so nice to me smiley - tongueout

Customer services

Post 6

Vip

Have you tried an official (i.e. letter) complaint? Include all your numbers, rates and times of calling (if you wrote them down - they can check their call logs) and copies of the emails that you sent.

If that doesn't do it, it's off to the ombudsman.

smiley - fairy

Customer services

Post 7

They sent me an email this morning.

'Because you're on a piggyback service (i.e. old skool ADSL), we cannot close your account via email'. So here's the deal - I'll phone them up, sort it out and then report them for wasting my time smiley - evilgrin

Customer services

Post 8

I'm not really here

smiley - grr I hate these people!

I still can't get my paypal account sorted out.

Customer services

Post 9

Well pardon me for having the wrong sort of broadband smiley - cross Eejits. Actually, I better phone them while I remember smiley - winkeye

Paypal really are frickin useless. What's the story with your account now Mina?

Customer services

Post 10

I'm not really here

Same. I can't do anything, because as soon as I log in it wants my credit and debit card numbers to 'verify myself'. Every time I email I get told to 'log in and click security centre' but I can't get that far.

Rang their number, only to get an automated voice that was nothing to do with my problem, then found some magic way I could contact them with a form, only to click 'continue' and they asked for my card numbers again.

Maybe it is genuine and I should fill them in, but I don't see why they need them. They've got the info!

Customer services

Post 11

Well, it's all finally sorted. Last week I got a call from some survey company who wanted to talk to me about my complaint to o2, so I filled them in. A few days after that I get a call from a manager who promptly sorted everything out, gave me my money back and added on a wee bonus as a goodwill gesture. He seemed quite chuffed when I said we'd consider going back to them if/when they roll out their LLU service at our local exchange. I think it may happen soon cos he also waived the 'no returning to o2 for six months' policy for me smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for fords - number 1 all over heaven

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more