This is the Message Centre for fords - number 1 all over heaven

Unbelieveable.

Post 1

fords - number 1 all over heaven

If I had my way I would be more than happy to just keep my money under the pillow..

This morning I nipped down to the garage to fill the car up (our car isn't exactly petrol hungry but when that red light comes on it's not happy!) and decided to get the debit card out. I stuck it in the machine and it declined twice. Odd, I thought, there definitely should be money in the bank account. Luckily my sister's boyfriend was behind me in the queue and had a spare tenner!

So I phoned the folk who were paying us money today and they confirmed they'd done so. I then phoned the bank to be told the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time - their entire computer system had gone down. Effectively, any transactions happening today have been frozen and until they get their systems sorted we don't get our money. No apology, no nothing.

Marvellous.

Unbelieveable.

Post 2

Demon Drawer

You thinks that's bad. My pay for last month should have been in on the 13th. But seeing as I still have a Northern Irish bank account this didn't get processed until the 16th due to the Bank Holidays. Of course the 15th and 16th are my automated debit dates for most things so these were bounced by my bank as Scottish Banks requested these but funds were not available to release them. Of course I caused a fuss got them to repay the bouncing fees and a little compensation. Not the first time this has happened either I should have remembered from the last time.

Unbelieveable.

Post 3

I'm not really here

That's ridiculous! They should have backups or something in cases like these, even if it's emergency money for customers!

Name and shame!

Unbelieveable.

Post 4

We've had that with our bank too DD. They don't care about your circumstances smiley - sadface

That's what I thought! We don't have a lot of money at the moment so every penny is precious and there's not much you can get with 27p smiley - tongueout

I'm going to put in a complaint about this. The bank in question has a plus sign in their logo. I think this may be the final straw and a good excuse to move back to my old bank, with whom I never had any trouble.

Unbelieveable.

Post 5

Vestboy

Tell them to take the plus sign from the logo and put it in your bank account!

Unbelieveable.

Post 6

I know where I'd like to stick that plus sign....smiley - evilgrin

It's now 3 pm and still no money. Well, that's the final nail in an already well secured coffin - off to another, better run and friendlier bank we go smiley - smiley

Unbelieveable.

Post 7

Baron Grim

Fold the plus sign until it's all corners first.

Unbelieveable.

Post 8

Genie

I've had this before and I still get really flustered like the whole queue behind is thinking 'omg, she hasn't got any money'...

Luckily I've had cash on me to pay though.

Unbelieveable.

Post 9

The same thing happened in the supermarket on Saturday but luckily the money was in the bank! Stange how my card wouldn't work though smiley - erm

It's a bank holiday here today so we'll have to wait a wee while longer til we can change banks smiley - evilgrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for fords - number 1 all over heaven

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more