This is the Message Centre for Zarquon's Singing Fish!

And they're off ...!

Post 1

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

The brace finally came off yesterday after 19/17 months (bottom/top teeth), which I think is pretty cool. smiley - biggrin I thought it would take longer. I now have a couple of wires behind my front teeth where I'll have a retainer in a week or so which I'll wear only at night to make sure the teeth stay where they're put.

It will be so much easier to clean them now and I'll be able to eat more easily too. Yay!smiley - somersault

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

And they're off ...!

Post 2

Websailor

That must be a relief. Hope you are smiley - ok I am a bit smiley - envy Mine are either non-existent or crooked. I wanted them all out but the dentist wont hear of it! He would probably lose a lot of money, judging by the arm and a leg I have to hand over after every session.

Websailor smiley - dragon

And they're off ...!

Post 3

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Do you know, I don't know when they were last straight, Websailorsmiley - dragon! They've been crooked more or less since all my teeth came through. They feel a bit funny at the moment with the wire behind them, but it's lovely to be able to smooth my tongue over the front of them and not feel the brace. I wonder how long it will take before I can smile and not be self-conscious.

And they're off ...!

Post 4

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I know the feeling of handing arms and legs over to the dentist too, Websailorsmiley - dragon. Plus, I've been advised to make an appointment with my own dentist and have a light scale, just to finish cleaning them up.

I'm with your dentist about keeping your teeth. My dad had his last one taken out just over a year ago, and he's found it much more difficult to cope without any. It means his false teeth have nothing to grip onto. Hang on in there.

And they're off ...!

Post 5

radiantjoiedevivre

My dear brave friend ZSF smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

How wonderful for you. You must be absolutely thrilled.

I look forward to seeing the "new" ZSF,!!

I, on the other hand, have decided that I really must wear a yashmak!. (I think they are called.) Then no-one will be able to see what horrid depredations the medications, which keep me here on this wonderful Mother Earth. have done to my unfottunate teeth. !

Brrr,
Grrh
RJDV

And they're off ...!

Post 6

frenchbean

Congratulations ZSF smiley - applause It must be a wonderfully liberating feeling. I'm sure it'll take a while to lose the self-conciousness about smiley - biggrin but once you get used to it, you'll be all teeth!!

I avoid the dentist as much as possible I really resent having to hand over money to be put through painful hell.

And they're off ...!

Post 7

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I got my retainers today, Christiane, so it's not quite over yet. They're clear and fit over my teeth. The top set fits beautifully. I'm not sure about the bottom one yet. They're for wearing at night, so I'm not going to put them in till I get to bed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you and showing you. I am pleased with the result.

When I think about you, though, I don't think about your teeth - I think about you. smiley - hug

smiley - love

And they're off ...!

Post 8

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi Fb - 9smiley - stars! smiley - wow

Oh you're right about the smiling - I'm not quite 'there' with it yet. I've become so used to half-smiling to hide the fly teeth.

I used to really hate the dentist visits too and my last orthodontist appointment wasn't wonderfully comfortable, particularly when he was using a drill to take some of the glue off one particular tooth. I've tried to take the attitude that whatever happens happens and I try not to resist, which seems to make it easier. Wasn't working that well last Wednesday, though!

And they're off ...!

Post 9

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Pride goes before a fall. Last night, I really struggled to put my new retainers on. No trouble with the top, but the bottom just didn't fit, so I left it off. This morning, I was cleaning my teeth and part of a filling fell out, just where I was having the problem with the retainer.smiley - groan

This morning, I phoned both my dentist and the orthodontist and have appointments to see each next Wednesday.

And they're off ...!

Post 10

radiantjoiedevivre

Hi my so dear ZSFsmiley - musicalnote

So pleased about the success with your teeth. Longing to see both you- and them!!

As soon as we move I shall give you the addy and telephone number. I hope that little smiley - fish will also enjoy coming out.

Are you going to your parents for Christmas? I guess that K. and I will be spending it alone. I think that today I shall probably go and see if our favourtie restaurant here in 7Oaks still has vacancies for Christmasl. I get so incredibly tired when I try and prepare, cook and wash up. It takes me about four days!!

With so much affection to you all. You do know about the fast train to Folkestone.? It apparnetly takes 53 minutes. I do not think that it is worth driving the car down. I am hoping to keep my car. There is underground parking in our new block of flats and my parking space is literally the second as one comes out the elevator. In addition there is really super protection. A video camera both at the the entrance of the block and also one outside our front door. I had an unwelcome intruder much earlier in the year. Fortunately I was in the kitchen with my back against the back weall so I was able to wheel myself forward and block his path. At the time I was not scared - I am not really upset now - but obviously would prefer it not to happen!! In summer I always keep my front doow on a sort of hook thing because it gets so hot. Now as we shall be four floors up thee will not be that problem - as long as BatMan does not come flying in!.

I shall phone you our Christmas good wishes. Sadly two of my address books have "walked" which is making writing Christmas cards extremely difficult. Which of course reminds me that I cannot phone you. So if you still have my phone number please let me know and I shall phone you right back. Thank you.

With smiley - love from K. and I to you all.

Christiane.

And they're off ...!

Post 11

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Oh dear, Christiane - I've just done something incredibly foolish. I've posted off your Christmas card (and it was a really nice one) without an address as I wasn't sure if I sent it to your old address, whether it would reach you or not. How very silly of me! smiley - clown

But - re-reading your post, you may not have moved! Please let me know. If you're still at the same address I can send you a card and put my address and phone number on it. Of course, if you have oved, you may be arranging for your post to be forwarded in which case it will reach you a little late.

As for the teeth, they're giving me a bit of trouble.smiley - ill One of my back ones lost some filling and it aches. I've an appointment on Wednesday to sort it out. Wish me luck.

smiley - love

smiley - fisho

And they're off ...!

Post 12

frenchbean

smiley - goodluck

And they're off ...!

Post 13

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

It's settled down more now. I didn't have to have a full replacement filling. The emergency one was good enough. Phew~ smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more