This is the Message Centre for Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Thank You

Post 1

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

I'd like to thank you for writing up about mummers plays. It has helped me understand what my bf's father does.

PS. I wrote a thank you note on your entry but don't think it came up on your ps.

Thank You

Post 2

Furthermore: What significance, if any, does King Arthur's round table have to a group of people who call themselves the 'round tablers' and do they have anything to do with mummers plays or are these two seperate things?

Thank You

Post 3

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

You're very welcome. Yes, you're right - the comment on the entry didn't come up on my PS. Is your bf's father a mummer then? Was he busy over the bank holiday weekend?

I don't think that the Round Table has anything to do with mummers. I imagine the name was chosen as you say, because of Arthur and the Round Table to signify that everyone is equal at them. I don't think there's any other connection.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Thank You

Post 4

Well I think he just does the mummers plays through the round table at Christmas. I'll have to interrogate him.

Thank You

Post 5

Well I interrogated him and found he knew nothing about the fact it was done at other times of the year. smiley - doh

I've discovered another thing on this site. It appears that there is a collection of edited Greek Myths but when you click on your contribution it shows your un-edited version of Heracles A852833 Is it possible that this could be changed so all of them link together and are edited?

Thank You

Post 6

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

'Well I interrogated him and found he knew nothing about the fact it was done at other times of the year.' Something to do with his local tradition?

Gosh it's been ages since I thought of my Heracles entry A852833 - I'm a bit surprised that it's not this one that's linked to the University entry, although in retrospect, I remember that the University entry wasn't completed, so I think this is why it stood on its own rather than being part of the larger body of work.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Thank You

Post 7

I think its just something the round table do at Christmas and he thought no more about other times when mumming took place.

So will it be linked to the bigger project? It seems smiley - silly not to have all the edited entries connected.

Thank You

Post 8

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

No - it was intended to be linked to a larger 1project, however the 1project didn4't finish and I was told to submit the entry se1parately.
0.1Please ignore the ty1ping deficiencies - I have a 1problem with my keyboard at the moment.
0.smiley - fisho+/~

Thank You

Post 9

seems strange to me...what's missing then?

Key: Complain about this post