This is the Message Centre for kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 1

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I am in the process of changing my lifestyle and body shape for the better and wondered if there is anyone out there doing the same who could do with a bit of mutual encouragement?

I started this back in mid-May when I got weighed and had one of those Change-Your-Life epiphanies. Since then I have been attempting a low-fat diet, but can't seem to give up my friday night curry, with occasional dinners out on a saturday. I also can't seem to give up having a good drink of a weekend - red wine is my weakness.

I am doing an exercise video every day and have so far got rid of 18 pounds (smiley - angel) but have hit a bit of a plateau (smiley - groan) and although my boyfriend is supportive (when we were on holiday he spontaneously told be my bum had got smaller!) he is basically a thin person and doesn't always understand why I sometimes get downhearted about the whole process.

Anyway, I'll keep my journal up to date with my progress, I have a long way to go to hit my 'ideal' weight - I am realistic about this, I will never be a slender person so I am just aiming at healthy.

I'll just wait and see who comes to chat - kind of weight watchers for the online age - without the awful meetings...

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 2

fatbird

Don't talk to me about meetings! smiley - laugh Ritual humiliation!

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 3

GHPB (Keeper Of Spoons).

Have you tried weight watchers. Try not to think of the corny adds when you go along their diet really works. I klost three stone with them two years ago.

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 4

I am glad it worked for you, but I went along a couple of years ago, when I was in the throes of my last diet. It was awful! Not supportive at all, more like ritual punnishment with added sarcasm from the woman running it.

It is also quite and expensive method of getting weighed!

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 5

GHPB (Keeper Of Spoons).

I guess it says alot about me that the ritual humiliation worked. I felt like i had to lose weight to save face each week.

The best week i had was when i had had food poisening. I lost 11 pounds in one week and was the class hero for a bit. Did not tell them the real reason for such a drastic loss was a dodgy chicken tikka slice out of 7-11.

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 6

jofrog 53

I admire your aims, but why is all the most tasty food bad for you? no I think I'll stick to being a little bit rounded in the wrong places. I guess I just have no will power. but good luck too you.....

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 7

kats-eyes (psychically confirmed caffeine addict)

unfortunately we don't have 7-11 where I live - I sometimes think getting sick'd be the only way for me to lose some weight...
hi Kelli, fatbird and GHPB, I think we haven't met?
anybody care for some smiley - tea?
The humiliation approach is also not the right one for me, I just fear I haven't found it yet ...

smiley - winkeye k-e

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 8

Hello kats-eyes, I'm pretty new to this site so we probably haven't met before. I'd love a smiley - cappuccino if there is one going - discovered my milk was off after making (and drinking some of) my coffee this morning smiley - yuk

I agree with the principle that 'a little bit rounded in the wrong places' is ok but even my rounded bits have rounded bits! I think I want to be more healthy and have a better choice of clothes to look fab in. However, I still want to eat chinese food, curry and strawberry Haagen Daaz (god's own food). How to have both?

I have always thought a good bout of dysentry would do wonders for my figure!

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 9

Hi Kelli,
here's a smiley - cappuccino to you! bad milk can spoil my whole morning...smiley - yuk

Yes you're right, a little 'extra' isn't bad at all. My objectives are the same as yours. I won't even try to approach slenderness, but being able to buy trousers without having to shorten them would be a nice change...
And I still think that abstaining from one's favourite food (yes! Haagen Daz!! strawberry cheesecake HD! beautiful new nickname smiley - bigeyes ) doesn't make you slimmer, just miserable. May I ask how you managed to loose those 18 pounds - lots of sports, eating nothing? I reached that plateau you mentioned because the fat I burn gets converted to muscles *sigh*...
Dysentery only lets you lose water, doesn't it? not healthy at all - and I'm sure you get by without it smiley - winkeye!
cheers,
k-e.

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 10

Well, the first 18 pounds was easy, just ate a bit less and did more exercise. To be honest, I think it was the exercise rather than the food because I wasn't that careful about what sandwiches I had for lunch (I don't think the melted cheese panini from starbucks are that healthy), although I took to having a Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself meal in the evenings rather than anything homemade or takeaway.

My job usually makes it difficult to control my food intake and exercise levels (I often spend long periods in hotels eating roomservice crap late at night) but I have been at home recently and that has really helped.

Wish I was at the 'it is just turning to muscle' stage! I am religiously following my Rosemary Connley exercise video, with the occasional Lorraine Kelly but so far have just managed to reach the stage where I don't ache all over the next day. I see this as a major achievement!

Are you a gym person? I don't have the discipline unless somebody (eg Rosemary in my video) is telling me what to do!

Anyway, am off out for a couple of smiley - stiffdrink. Sure that isn't going to help me stop looking like smiley - puff

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 11

GHPB (Keeper Of Spoons).

Its time i guess that i got back on to a diet too. Have put one all that i lost and a bit more.

I want to loose weight just to feel a little healthier.

I like going to erobics classes and should start that again. I am always very uncoordinated in the classes, and as the only bloke i always feel very self conscious, but i always loved that feeling the next day.

i wont even get on the scales now. Dont want to know.

living life in denial right now.

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 12

Don't talk to me about uncoordinated! I have been known to fall off of the step at least once in every step class and regularly find myself heading in the opposite direction to everyone else at aerobics. Tres embarrassing. I think I am fine until I try to bring in all of the arm movements and then my feet forget what they are doing. Maybe I should learn Riverdance?

And as for the scary UberBabes in the skin tight lycra...nnyngh!

Am off on holiday for a week now, which means I get to expose my newly reduced self to the sunshine. It also means a lot of drinking and rich food - well I *am* on holiday!

Hope you all have as good a week as I intend to!

K

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 13

GHPB (Keeper Of Spoons).

two bacon double cheese burgers for lunch. i guess that means no dinner tonight.

Uber babes in tight lycra HMMmm. every cloud has a silver lining.

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 14

smiley - laugh if you see it like that...
smiley - cheers

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 15

fatbird

I am going to start my diet again on Monday. I have a top weekend planned and I will need a detox after that!

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 16

Hello again, I'm back from holiday with a nice tan (hooray) but more of a diet crisis than before.

I have to be honest, I may have over indulged a little. I might have had one or two cocktails, some ice cream, steaks with sauces, and .....god help me....chips.

I am now too scared to go in the bathroom in case I accidentally weigh myself and find out what damage I have done. smiley - cry

How did it go today fatbird? Detox going to plan? I am back on the diet as of tomorrow morning.

Do you have the secret of the Man Diet GHPB? My boyfriend sometimes declares that he is on a diet and cuts out his morning choccie biccie (but not the afternoon one) and as a result loses about 5 pounds. How!?

K
smiley - puff

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 17

GHPB (Keeper Of Spoons).

I think with men once they actually start diets they do loose a lot more weight than women. It is easy to cut down on beer, chips and kebabs which seem to do the most harm. also they are very strict with them selves and so get beeter results.

My deit starts soon (I promise) and it will be weight watchers again for me. More public humiliation.

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 18

Kaz

Good luck everybody!

I used to be very skinny, till I had a bad back and so couldn't move for a while. Just can't move the weight off at the mo, plus not very fit due to back! So can't go and jog it off. Still some simple stretching exercises most mornings are at least helping me to tone up.

I don't won't to lose all of it, cause now I have boobs!!! smiley - blush Didn't have them when I was skinny, but I do need to tone up, my belly is just too embarrasingly wobbly!

Great idea to get positive feedback and encouragement from people, keep it up please!

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 19

Hiya, just thought I would stick my head round the door and see how everyone is getting on, still behaving on your diets in preparation for the binge-fest that is the christmas season?

My diet has gone right down the toilet the last couple of weeks because I was made redundant and seem to think that Haagen Daaz and chocolate, and chinese food, and wine will make me feel better about it. Having gorged for a couple of weeks I think I should get back on the diet again, if only to look fitter for interviews. I suppose I have an unrivalled opportunity to spend a lot of time in the gym right now...!

vestigialsmiley - bluek

Help! A diet crisis!

Post 20

random fat bird

Nice to see someone else has a problem making their body understand that it shouldn't quite behave like that thank you very much.... Am currently in process of getting help from my doctor to lse weight, I put on five stone over a two and a half year period...so we're going to try the medication route this timesmiley - sadface Heigh ho... never mind eh?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more